Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem for 2 weeks str8....Loading PBR......Done screen

• Please log in to reply

BlkTebow

BlkTebow

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Hey shaffer a new problem has occured my comp has been running Extremely slow as of Sat. afternoon whenever I run the task manager the CPU usage is 100% and for the longest when I loaded it in normal mode the start menu nor the desktop icons would be visiable now it crashed last night and now I have to do a repair b/c the run.dll something has been corrupt.... also I have located the dell driver for the bios diagnostic and as a result of that my fan hasn't been running and I know that's a big problem huh??

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

also I have located the dell driver for the bios diagnostic and as a result of that my fan hasn't been running and I know that's a big problem huh??

Yep this is a problem for sure.
The problem I believe is going to be linked to the Virut coming back.
Did you do the format and reinstall again?
Did you use the external drive again right before the slowdown and eventual crash?
I think you can see where I am going with this?

BlkTebow

BlkTebow

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
I have to get the disc back from my friend but I will be on it in the next couple of hrs. and as for Virut yep it found it in my anti-virus of all things I'm actually scanning my HD now from school and symantec picked it up withing an instant so as soon as it finishes I'll delete it and whatever else is on there and also I went to kaspersky.com and dl'ed the 30 day trial of that if that's a pretty good AV program I've heard from many ppl but I'll let you know ASAP when I reformat and reinstall again gotta go dl all those drivers again LOL

BlkTebow

BlkTebow

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Hey shaffer I'm in the process of locating a dell utility disc to get my partition dignostic utility back on my system and I believe the fan will start back working b/c then I'll be able to test it! As for my system it's coming along slowly but surely the Virut is gone since I wiped my HD completely of my AVG and now I currently have Kaspersky running and it's prob. 1 of the best anti-viruses I've used thus far as far as security but everything is going pretty smooth now I have to dl and install a butt load of updates from Microsoft and we'll be back in business!!!! *note as for the fan I done some searching on dell b/c I know the fan just didn't stop working all of a sudden I'm sure the reason for it stopping was when I reformatted it deleted the diagnostic partition that came pre-installed on the computer* hopefully everything is going to work again and I can stop making trips to school just to use the comp's in the computer lab LOL

BlkTebow

BlkTebow

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Welp shaffer everything still going good still dl'ing all these massive Windows updates and all OH and my FAN STARTED WORKING again yesterday I kept getting errors when starting up windows and I kept having to restart because some shell32.dll was missing all of a sudden BUT I did a repair after 6+ hrs. later I'm back up and running when I ran the repair the fan still wasn't working until all the installations were through I guess that's why the system was running sooooo dang slow anyways it came on and my comp is back up and running like usual w/ no problems I've only got a blue stop screen once only when I installed some updates from microsoft other than that I'm SUPER NOW!!! CHamber thx soooo much I really really really appreicated all of this.

RUN TEBOW RUN were almost to the SEC CHAMPIONSHIP AGAIN CHOMPIN OUR WAY TO THE TOP!! *UF*

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
With the fact that fan may not have been running for a while I would seriously look at why it wasn't. There may be a mechanical problem and it's better to check it out now. If that doesn't function correctly it could cause serious damage to not only your cpu but to the motherboard.
I am glad to hear everything is working good for you even with the BSOD you got.
No resurfacing of Virut I take it?
Have you double checked the external drive to make sure everything is healthy with it?