Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

3 local disk drives?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
recently i've had alot of trouble with my netbook i think it was to do with partitions? so i finally got my hands on an xp disk and installed xp. it wasnt exactly factory settings though as i thought it would be. there wasn't any icons on the desktop and the menus looked shorter. when i went in my computer i noticed there are 3 local disks one in including a drive called SWAP_SPACE so i have a local drive(c:) and local disk (G:). i only ever had one and i cant seem to connect to my internet so something must be causing problems when having 3 local disk drives especially with them using up memory. how can i go back to having my computer back to factory settings with pc angel back on my computer for rebooting it.

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,302 posts
You have 3 topics going on the same netbook issue.
Rshaffer61 merged 1 already. With multiple topics dealing with the same issue, it becomes very difficult to help. The information gets scattered and confusing.

You have not responded to The Skeptic on this post http://www.geekstogo...re-t256310.html.

Now you have installed another OS on the netbook and we are going to have to deal with 2 operating systems?
Unbeknown to us, it looks like you had a recovery partition on the computer that would have taken you back to day 1. It could have been complete. or needed a CD to run it. At this time, I would suspect that the recovery partition is now gone because of the re-load with the XP cd.

Usually tapping F10 during bootup will start the recovery software. Give it a try.

Do you have any data that you wanted saved? Since it was initially a boot error, in time we could have repaired that and saved the data.
I do not know if any data on the drive is able to be saved based on you loading the XP.

With what you did, do you have a semi functional operating system?
Can you explore the drive for your data?

What CD's do you have for the netbook? if any?
What is the CD you borrowed?
Is it XP home or Pro?
Is it an OEM or full version?

When you start the netbook, are you given a choice of which operating system to choose?

• 34,114 posts
Issued resolved in another topic HERE with reinstalling all the drivers.
I will close this topic due to being duplicated.