Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help with photoshop cs2 "help"

• Please log in to reply

sept2749

sept2749

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I just received a new copy of photoshop cs2. I installed it on my home and business machines no networks. On one computer I can access the help files on the other I keep getting an error message "the operation could not be completed". Both machines run win xp sp3. Adobe was absolutely useless when called. I tried reinstalling several times with all security software turned off. I'm stuck! Anyone have a fix? Now I get error 1016??? Tried reinstalling help package - didn't work.

Edited by sept2749, 27 October 2009 - 12:04 PM.

Advertisements

lavega21

lavega21

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
I have CS3 and I was having problems with it one time and I had to reinstalled. At first it would not reinstall I was getting errors so I found a CS3 Clean Script release by Adobe. I ran it and solved the problem.

So you may want to Google the Clean Script for CS2, I did a quick Google search and it looks like there is one. Right now I am at work so I was not able to access those sites...oops, but hopefully that helps.

sept2749

sept2749

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
:) Thank you lavega21. I have called Adobe and they told me that my serial # did not exist! I bought it on Ebay for 100.-. I believe it's a pirated copy that comes with full factory like packaging and help book + help disk. Just like from the store! I have been reading forums & this problem I was having is very common with pirated copies. Anyway, screw it! back to Photoshop 7. I can install it on any machine any amount of times with no crap about activation or registration. Let's face it - Adobe is now specializing in obsolescence and at a very high price. I'm pissed at them as they never had a major upgrade to version 7 which I paid a lot for from them. Thank you for taking the time to answer me.

Rich
:)

lavega21

lavega21

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
Rich,

sorry to hear about that. I am not sure where you are in your knowledge of Photoshop. I consider myself a newbie going towards intermediate user LOL, but have you consider maybe taking a design class at your local college to take advantage of the discount adobe offer to students? You can get the entire CS4 suite for like $300. I am not sure where you are, location wise, but this is the case here in the USA. After you are done with your class US students can keep using the software with no restriction.

sept2749

sept2749

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
that's a good idea but I do very little with PS. I have a business that requires good photos on my web site www.mistresselizabeths.com. I just need to adjust, sharpen, balance and add text! PS 7 does it fine but thanks for the idea. I've been using ps for years and love it. Just don't like Adobe! Thanks again - there's a girl who works with me who did just what you suggested. Brilliant! :)

Rich

lavega21

lavega21

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
I'm sorry you feel that way about Adobe, In my opinion they do a great job for people in the industry specially students. you can't beat those prices. I did a research and here is the great Q&A that tells you what you can do and cant do with the student version, just in case you decide to get it or for any one else out there. Take care and glad to help.

http://www.adobe.com...dition/faq.html