HP disk drive disappeared
Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:09 PM
Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:15 PM
Are there any yellow exclamation marks or red X's in Device Manager?
Have you tried the disks themselves in another computer?
Have the disks worked before on your system?
Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:21 PM
Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:27 PM
It could also be a problem with the connection in your system.
Since it is not showing under My Computer try the following 3 suggestions and see if one may help.
One of these may help:
1. Uninstall the drive through Device Manager.
Restart computer. The drive will be automatically reinstalled.
3. Download, and run Restore Missing CD Drive patch
Double click on cdgone.zip to unzip it.
Right click on cdgone.reg, click Merge.
Accept registry merge.
4. Go to Device Manager, click a "+" sign next to IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.
You'll see two items:
- ATA Channel0 (or Primary Channel)
- ATA Channel1 (or Secondary Channel)
Right click on each of them, and click Uninstall. Confirm.
Restart Windows. They'll be automatically reinstalled.
Thank's to Broni for the instructions
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users