I have a system running XP and a 250GB Memorex Traveldrive which used to work nicely together.
Now, all of a sudden, the USB HD isn't recognized anymore, my pc doesn't even make the hey-there's-some-usb-device-connected-sound.
Other USB devices (mouse, keyboard, PDA and even an USB memory stick) are still detected.
- leaving the pc turned off for some time
- checking the diskmanagement (the drive doesn't even show up)
- having the pc check for new hardware (nothing found)
- using another USB cable
- trying other UBS ports
- connecting the USB HD to another pc (it shows up like it should)
- possibly some other things that I might have forgotten to mention
I also had this problem a while back with my integrated card reader. All of a sudden it wouldn't recognize SD cards. Somehow I got it back to work again (I even opened up the PC and pushed all the wiring and plugs), but I'm not sure what made it work again.
I don't even know if this is even related to the USB HD problem, but I thought I should mention it.
I hope somehow can help me out here!
Thanks in advance!