Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hp deskjet 4288 cartidge problem

• Please log in to reply

arpitt

arpitt

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hi, my hp printer is great, i don't use it that often but now it won't print at all. i replaced the black ink cartridge because it was empty. When i put in the full one it said that nothing was in there, but it worked. Just a few days ago the printer started acting up. Both of the cartridges have ink and it says on the printer that there is none, as the black ink cartridge light is red and flashing. My computer says there is a cartridge problem. There is also an E light for error i believe. My computer is compatible and if someone can help i would gladly appreciate it! thank you so much !!

Additional Details
I also want to know whether the 818 cartridge (hp) can be refilled ??

Edited by arpitt, 27 October 2009 - 11:23 PM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hello arpitt.... Welcome to GeeksToGo, :) :) :)

First issue about the printer itself, I was wondering if your printer software has the option to tell it you have replaced the cartridge?
If so did you click on new cartridge instead of used?

Second issue with the refill cartridge. I use Walgreens to refill my ink and if you take the cartridge in to them they can tell you if it is refillable.
I believe black is only like 10.00 dollars to refill. It's worth it since a refill kit cost about that and you don't have to have all the mess to do it yourself.
Only takes a couple of minutes.