Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Gaming Console vs PC Gaming

• Please log in to reply

KRG Lightning 15

KRG Lightning 15

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
I wuld have to go with PC because i dont own any hardcore systems Xbox360, PS3.
(I have a Wii) its soso.

Allthough certain games for xbox360 are cool and interesting you can mostly get those games on pc. I am however thinking of geting a PSP for assasins creed 2.

Advertisements

snowchick7669

snowchick7669

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
I stand firm for PC gaming due to the fact that I dislike console controllers for certain games especially FPS. I feel a bit more in control with a mouse and keyboard. As for PC's being anti-social, I don't see that being a problem as we manage to get all 6 of our setups going in the lounge and it definitely includes a lot more people as consoles generally only have 2-4 controllers. Call me old school but I don't think PC gaming will ever die out. We actually only use our PS3 and Xbox 360 to play Gears of War, Halo, Silent Hill and Need for Speed. PC for everything else

I do prefer console gaming for sports games like Madden/Fifa however

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
The PC wins hands down if you have an unlimited budget of sorts. Consoles can't come close to offering what a PC can as far as the "in game experience"... completely being immersed in the game. Like this... Fast forward to about 4:30 or so if you want. Consoles can't offer that. You can even turn the monitors vertical if you wanted.

I hate the keyboard with PC Gaming... and xbox controllers seem to be hard to configure for each game... I didn't have a great experience with that.

What the XBOX 360 and the PS3 offer for the price is pretty awesome. If you only have $300 to spend, console gaming wins.

Edited by Ferrari, 29 November 2009 - 11:27 AM.

onkaloonka

onkaloonka

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
I definately perfer consoles over PC's. Escpecialy after Assassins Creed II just came out. Plus, I find it easier to play games with a controller instead of the little keys on the keyboard. But that;s just an opinion :)

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
I'm in favour of the PC I must say.

I mean, I have a PS2 and a Wii yet I play games on my PC more than anything else. Having only a few keyboard controls and the mouse is handy, as well as the fact it is so easy to run games on the PC. I do like controllers but must admit I prefer a mouse anyday. :)

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Yeah, and you can access the console in Oblivion (wait, I don't cheat... :))

brizz

brizz

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Well according to to my choice so I can first prefer Console gaming. Because I have xbox 360 game console and I have lots of game for that, I really like to play all the the which I having . Before I played game in my Pc but some times it was have a big problem during game play and my xbox giving me best graphics result in every game.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
For multiplayer games, PC's win, there is no doubt about it, but for single-player games (like Mass Effect 2 and the like) consoles are the best.

KillerClown132

KillerClown132

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I think that pc games are better for single player but consoles are better for multi player because console games are more expensive and people (such as myself) cant afford to buy ALL the new games and keep playing them until a game they really want comes out and the cycle repeats.

Nizax

Nizax

• PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
Hello, I prefer the PC games, but always depends, for example with frieds I like to play console games like Pro Evolution or Mortal Kombat, and in PC I can play online with my frieds too, but I prefer games like AOE, or Warcraft, Call Of Duty.

Also the PC is more usefull than any console. :D

Advertisements

Xinader

Xinader

• Pip
  • 5 posts
i prefer pc.. BTW im new here

achilless

achilless

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Do you prefer playing games on your PC or playing game on an actual gaming system/console like PS3 or Xbox ? What are the advantages of PC Gaming vs the other? Disadvantages? Do most of the games that come out on PS3 Xbox come out of PC as well?

I prefer computer games
It is more interesting