Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ARP Poisoning

• Please log in to reply

Shun

Shun

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello. I have a problem here. My brother is an immature kid, and is monitoring my traffic and the rest of the networks traffic using arp poisoning. I am only 16, but have a basic knowledge of networking. He also has the router password, which I can get. My dad knows a little bit about internet security, but cannot out smart my brother. The goal of this thread is to help me prevent this from happening on our network. Also, everyone in the family is running windows vista, however I have windows 7, and my brother is redirecting traffic off of a VMWare machine running windows XP. Also he is using \"wireshark\" to see me packets which allows him to retrieve passwords i believe

Here is a picture of arp -a before and after he does it.
Posted Image

Here is what I have done so far.
Command Prompt:
netsh -c \"interface ipv4\"
netsh interface ipv4> set neighbors \"Local Area Connection\" \"192.168.0.1\" \"mac address here\"

Also, I was wondering if I could go into our Linksys WRT54G CLI and do the command to see if it works, and stops this.
Arp [ip of router] [mac of router]

Edited by Shun, 28 October 2009 - 03:05 PM.

Advertisements

Shun

Shun

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
well the netsh did not work.