Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor Acting up after BSoD

• Please log in to reply

Magikcal

Magikcal

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi All,

I recently had the BSoD with a reboot loop, and got the error message...

"IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

So I investigated it online via the ever faithful laptop and started the process of elimination on trying to find out what component was causing the problem. I cleaned the fan out to try and stop any over heating issues it still looped.

I rebooted with alternate memory sticks, and still the same reboot loop.

I took out the graphics card, tried to reboot and it sounded like to booted up normally but I was getting a "no signal" message on my monitor (flatscreen TFT) so I thought maybe it was just because the on board card wasn't enabled, so I put my other graphics card back in ( Brand new ) and still getting a "no signal" message on the monitor.

I also tried using an alternative graphics card but still "no signal"

Then on a hunch it might be the monitor I hooked it up to the laptop as a second screen but it worked perfectly.

I'm away from home right now and can't recall any technical specs off the top of my head but I would appreciate any ideas people have.

Also when I get home I intend to try hooking up an old CRT monitor to the stack to see if it could be some kind of communnication block between the stack and the TFT monitor.

As of the lasst time I tried to reboot the pc it Sounded like it ws booting up ok, but I couldn't be sure because of lack of display on the monitor.

Thanks in advance

:)

Advertisements

Magikcal

Magikcal

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Does anyone have any ideas on what this could be?

Thanks