Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bluetooth Knocks Out Wireless Connection

• Please log in to reply

tazical

tazical

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi, I have a PC running Windows XP, which has been connecting to my router fine for months using a wireless connection.

I'm now trying to install a Belkin Bluetooth USB adapter which is needed to download reports from some work equipment that I'm using. However, when I install the Bluetooth software from the disk provided, it immediately knocks out my wireless connection. The wireless is showing as being connected, but I'm unable to access the internet.

I know the router is fine, because I can access the wireless network with my laptop. I've tried changing the router channel, in case the wireless and Bluetooth were in conflict, but still have the same results.

I'm assuming that there is a setting in conflict somewhere, does anyone have any ideas? Many thanks!

Advertisements