Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

RESOLVED: Computer crashes/restarts immediately after windows has fini

• Please log in to reply

Binnsy

Binnsy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi guys,

Iím having a real problem with my pc (running XP) which I suspect is due to some sort of malware. Once it has finished booting, and before I can run any programs a blue screen appears and a few seconds later the computer restarts. Iíve tried booting in safemode (all 3 modes) Ė in each case the pc fails to begin loading windows and on the last working settings. For this reason I've been incapable of doing any scans.

The reason I suspect malware is that the blue screen first appeared when I was searching for subtitles for a film. I got a Zone Alarm Security Alert, didnít think anything of it and like a muppet ([bleep] hindsight!) clicked ĎAllowí . The blue screen appeared almost immediately afterwards and my computers been useless ever since.

Iíve got my camera out and taken a few photos of the various screens which I hope will be of some use.

Blue Screen:
Posted Image

The error(?) I get when trying to boot in safe mode:
Posted Image

The "windows error report" just before the Blue Screen:
Posted Image

And the "windows error technical report":
Posted Image

Any ideas/help would really be appreciated as Iím really at a loss with this one!

Thanks,
Binnsy

Edited by Binnsy, 30 October 2009 - 12:39 PM.

Advertisements