Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

usb, firewire, and built in card reader

• Please log in to reply

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
You need to posts these...

Can you post a new photo of Device manager. Also post a second photo, but this time, click on the plus sign (+) of System devices to expand that list item so I can see the contents. You will have to adjust the window size to show the contents.

Advertisements

Trixsteruk

Trixsteruk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
here

Attached Thumbnails

• untitled.JPG
  • untitled1.JPG

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Thanks for posting the screenshots.

Well, you are missing the Chipset driver as System devices only shows Standard PCI bus controllers.

I'm not certain why you're unable to install the correct Nvidia PCI driver. It might be SP3, or something else... I don't know.

Since you just recently reinstalled, it might be a good idea to wipe the machine and reinstall again. I know it's a hassle, but it might be worth it rather than spending more time troubleshooting this. Installing Windows and drivers should not be this difficult.

Directly after installing Windows (SP2 only!), the very first driver you need to install is the Chipset driver. After that, the video driver, then the sound driver. This is the sequence the drivers need to be installed. Don't deviate. If the Chipset driver doesn't install, or you still have a problem with it, don't start installing other drivers. You need to resolve the chipset driver issue first. If the chipset driver installs fine, then you can continue on.

After you install all your drivers, check to make sure Device manager is clean of yellow or red marks. If it's not, then you need to fix them before installing SP3.

If Device manager is clean, then you can install SP3, but first go HERE and download ERUNT. Be sure to read THIS page. Run ERUNT and have it create a registry backup. After that, create a Windows System Restore point, and then you can install SP3.

If something messes up with SP3, Restore your computer with System Restore, restart the machine, then restore the ERUNT registry backup and restart your machine. This will bring you be back to before you tried to install SP3.

If you need help with any of the above, let me know.

Trixsteruk

Trixsteruk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Ok, i will reinstall, not right now tho, in the middle of call of juarez :), thanks very much for your assistance and i will let you know how it goes.

Trixsteruk

Trixsteruk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Oh and can you confirmt that the drivers on the hp website are the correct ones?

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
According to the Model you posted sr2019uk, all things point to THIS as being your computer. And, THIS is the driver page (same one you linked). Also, according to the specs, your computer has a GeForce 6150 LE chipset for which drivers can be found on THIS page. If all of that is true, then yes, I can confirm the drivers on the HP site are the correct ones.

Hopefully when you reinstall, you won't have problems. Good luck and let me know how it goes.