Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer kills itself every restart

• Please log in to reply

Coeco

Coeco

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
Probably the wrong section but here goes..

The problem i am having is basically: if i restart my computer after a system restore, it wont start up again. It's brand new and im figuring i got some kind of system/memory thing that i need repaired

I recall using Uniblue's Registrybooster/Speed Up My PC, rebooted and then got the error i have. After several restart failures i decided to do a system restore of the day i got the PC and it runs perfectly fine, only problem is that i can't restart it or i'll get the same problem.

I tried using the "Recovery" tool for both of the Uniblue programs but still wont start up properly without a restore.. Do you guys know any program that can fix this curse?

Edited by Coeco, 29 October 2009 - 06:11 PM.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

I recall using Uniblue's Registrybooster/Speed Up My PC

Bad idea.

It's brand new

Under 30 days? Call the store.
Under 1 year? Call the maker.

Coeco

Coeco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

I recall using Uniblue's Registrybooster/Speed Up My PC

Bad idea.

Yeah, used it a few and always messes things up one way or the other..

It's brand new

Under 30 days? Call the store.
Under 1 year? Call the maker.

Its a few weeks old but i seriously cant be arsed to have it sent to 2-3 weeks repair just to have an entire new one with all my stuff on it gone instead of finding a repair since it runs perfectly fine without restarting

NomDeKeyz

NomDeKeyz

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
Forgive me for butting in, especially since I have no expert advice to offer, but golly gosh gee...
I must agree with Broni. Isn't it better to take it in and deal with a little inconvenience instead
of having a big inconvenience later on, long past exchange/warranty expiration? It sounds like you
can still back up important files now? Regardless of what you do next, back it all up, just in case.
You never know if a power outage or similar might happen, or if an update might demand a restart?
OK, I'll get out of the way and let the pros handle it. Best of luck with your 'finding a repair'...

Edited by NomDeKeyz, 31 October 2009 - 07:54 AM.

NomDeKeyz

NomDeKeyz

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
*removed accidental double post*
---------------oops, sorry---------------

Edited by NomDeKeyz, 31 October 2009 - 07:51 AM.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Broni gave you the best advice possible.
We can run you through a entire series of repairs/ checks, etc.
The problem is that you will need the proper disks to carry out any of the checks. You most likely only have a recovery CD (which won't work).

Your best option is to back up the data and take it back to the store.

Never use a registry cleaner or system optimizer. 99% of the time they will render the computer inoperable.

Coeco

Coeco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
The computer somehow fixed itself? It turned itself off during night so i guess windows update did something.. Nevertheless, it works now. thread can be closed

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Thanks for posting back :)