Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer Problems

• Please log in to reply

JohnTee

JohnTee

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Folks: I thought that I posted a msg. last night but I can't find it. So here goes. My old printer - HP 6122 and new replacementHP 6988 are only printing half pages of content, and then going on to a new sheet. I have tried to go to all dialog boxes to reset the preferences and setups on anything to do with paper size. No effect. I thought it might be due to the old software when I switched to the newer 6988 model, so I uninstalled the old software. No effect.
The problem seemed to start when I tried to address a business envelope (without looking it up in a manual) I remember floating every place I could find in Pirnter settings or preferences. I've tried to reset all of them but can't get any thing to get the printer to print a full page.
There is another clue. The printer will print full pages when the command comes from a PDF file.
This is almost as bad as having no computer at all. Thanks in advance.

JohnTee

Advertisements

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Hi,

Welcome to GeeksToGo.

The face that its printing from PDF Ok makes me think its just a problem in 1 specific location.

• What are you printing from if your not printing from PDF? EG Word, OpenOffice...
  • What OS are you using?
  • When you removed the old software did you use the removal tool or did you just delete the files?
  • When it goes to the second page odes it miss all of what was one the firs t page or does it print the top half on page 1 and continue it on page 2. For example if you have print a picture does it just not print the bottom half of the picture or does it split it between the 2 pages?

Also please refere to your user guide. Click Here if you need one.
Please complete the steps for:
  • Align the Ink cartridge (page 115)
  • Calibrate Colour
  • Clean print cartridges
  • View estimated ink levels (make sure its not emptying or empty)
  • Take out and re insert the print cartridge to make sure nothing is incorrect