Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

adding windows components

• Please log in to reply

yuhmee

yuhmee

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz:

okay so when i try to add windows components and then click next it says:

Setup cannot copy the file smi.mi_ (its different everyime)

ensure that the location specified below is correct, or change it and insert 'windows xphome edition cd-rom' in the drive you specify.

i dont have the cd-rom they're talking about. its built in. the file they cant copy is always in the folder "c:\windows\i386". i see it there with my own two eyes!! but they still cant copy it.

because of this almost all of my windows components arent added, such as accessories and utilities fax services,indexing service, management and monitoring tools explorer, networking services, other netwrok file and print services, outlook express, update root certificates, and windows messeger

the ones in bold are the ones i care about. the other ones i can live without. so yeah, anyone willing to help me????

p.s. my alt+ctrl+del isnt working is it because my monitoring and management component isnt added??? oO

Advertisements