Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

HELP! Trying to connect Acer Laptop to Samsung HDTV?

• Please log in to reply

Olloyd21

Olloyd21

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to connect my laptop (acer) to my tv (widescreen samsung hdtv) so that I can project a movie from my laptop onto my tv, as there's no dvd player attatched!

Some information:

On my tv the only insert areas are:

"HDMI IN3"
"AV IN"
"S-VID"
"VID"
"AUD"
"(icon of headphones)"

down the side...

on my laptop I've got 3 inserts (where something like headphones usually go?) at the front, then at the back I'm guessing the standard inserts a ACER would have...?

I've got numerous cables as follows:

1 x yellow headphone insert thing , and on the other end a circle with 4 pins inside? (2 on each side), this fits into the AV IN slot on the tv?

1x red,yellow, white pins that go to other red,yellow,white pins, which can be attatched to go to a black and yellow pin

1 x 1 thing long insert that goes into the HDMI IN3 area, with the same on the other end but it also says "DAEC" on each end

On my tv control the options at the top (for tuning?) are DVD, STB, VCR, CABLE, TV

I really need help with this! If someone has ANY clue what so ever that would be AMAZING, or even if someone can point me in the right direction that'd be great???

Thanks in advance,

Olle

If ANYONE can help me what so ever i

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,997 posts
  • MVP
How about a model number for Acer - then we can talk specifics instead of "things". Note this should not be a problem as nearly every notebook is designed for presentations and briefings, meaning they have the capability to use an external monitor. You might want to check your notebook manual for that.