Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook express

• Please log in to reply

RS2K

RS2K

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Ok been trying to get my emails have a new server blueyonder and when i click for send and recive email all i get is a box comming up asking for user name and passwrod i have put it in and cliked ok but it just keeps popping up and when i clikc cancel all i get is this error message

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'blueyonder', Server: 'pop3.blueyonder.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

as blueyonder game me a card with the password and user name on and it is working or i could not get online but i cannot get email any help would be great

Edited by RS2K, 16 May 2005 - 12:01 PM.

Advertisements

RS2K

RS2K

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Nobody got a clue for this please :tazz: ;) ;)

kms618kms

kms618kms

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Sometimes, the server uses a port that differs from the standard.

Go to the Advanced Options in Email Setup and change from port 110 to port 587.

Good Luck,

anonymous

RS2K

RS2K

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Cheers thank's will try that out

RS2K

RS2K

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Well tried that out and all i got was this

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'blueyonder', Server: 'pop3.blueyonder.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E