Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

default selection

• Please log in to reply

richocki

richocki

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Before I had to reinstall Windows XP my mouse pointer would automatically go to a default or obvious selection when a box would come up with a selection such as SAVE or CANCEL. The mouse would go right to the SAVE. I do not remember how I set this up. Any one have any ideas? Is there a tweak that can do this?

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts
Quick and dirty.

Go to start
Go to control panel
Click on mouse and look at the options.

123runner

richocki

richocki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Thank you 123Runner.... I knew it probably was something simple but had no idea it was that close. I should write it down but of course I won't. Of course I hope I never have to do a reinstall of Windows but I will... and life goes on :) Thanks.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Quick and dirty.

Go to start
Go to control panel
Click on mouse and look at the options.

123runner

:) :)

richocki

richocki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
I don't see why that was so funny. It worked.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Just the first line richoki
Just how he worded the first line. Glad it worked and no disrespect toward you at all.

richocki

richocki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
I didn't think you were being disrespectful at all. I just didn't see the humor until you point out the line. I guess quick and easy would have been less humorous. We all need a laugh now and then anyway.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts
And that is what makes this forum the best one.
We all have a good laugh now and then.
It helps us to keep our sanity.

For me it was quick and dirty because I have been known to write paragraphs for explanations, as I'm doing now.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

For me it was quick and dirty because I have been known to write paragraphs for explanations, as I'm doing now.

This is exactly right.
We have fun at times and sometimes we forget you as the poster may not know that.
I do apologize to you for that but it was all meant in fun with each other. :) :) :)

richocki

richocki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
There is no need to apologize. Once it was pointed out to me I got a chuckle myself. Geeks to Go is the best help forum on line. As a matter of fact I have run into Windows GUI problem that I will be asking for help to correct. So be my guest and make me chuckle again :)