Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Charging Problem,

• Please log in to reply

H00k

H00k

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
I got few problem with my laptop. My Laptop is just 5months old, before it develop this problem. Firstly, my charger was faulty.... And I order another charger from Ebay, and when i got this Charger, I inserted and it charged for 30Mins and stopped charging. And my sysytem start acting really wierd, it started frozen up whenever i insert charger, and work normally when i remove the charger, so i stopped using the charger, and i ran my McAfee auti-virus, it didn't detect no virus, but i kept on getting alert that I got 4 malware and trojans, So i quickly reformat my pc, since my auti-virus couldn't dectect the virus, before I format, i noticed that my laptop has stopped charging, now am using my old charger, which was damaged, I tried to med it and it can only power up my pc but it's nt charging the battery. If I remove d charger it will alert me that i got 0% batter, and if i insert the charger, it will tell me i got 1% battery...... Am very confused abt this, I dnt know if I should reformat my pc, I dnt know if it's my charger, or laptop or batter, am just confused.... I'd like an advice from anyone who understand this problem.

Awaiting your reply. thank guys.

Win: Vista Home Pre
Service Parck 1

Processor: P7370
RAM: 3..GB
System Type: 32-bit Operating system.

HP Compaq 6730s

Advertisements

geekhelp4u

geekhelp4u

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
HP Battery Check is a utility that provides a simple but accurate test of the battery. Visit the HP website and follow the instructions to eliminate your battery as the cause of your issues.

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Hi,

Can I just ask when you bought your PC 5 months ago was it brand new?.

If so I would strongly advise you get in touch with HP. They will be able to advise you on problems and will be able to provide you with the best support. If you change things or buy new components then you may be voiding your warranty.
Before you continue I would advise you get in touch and ask them and see what they advise.

If they can't help or there is no warranty etc then come back and we will happily help :)