Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virtual Memory !

• Please log in to reply

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Hello Lair360:

Thank you for the information, but I have no idea if this system is a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system. This PC was given to me 10 days ago from a neighbor who moved out of my building.

simplee

Advertisements

lair360

lair360

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Hello Lair360:

Thank you for the information, but I have no idea if this system is a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system. This PC was given to me 10 days ago from a neighbor who moved out of my building.

simplee

Hi,
Thank you for your reply.

To check your windows system, please do this...

1.] Click Start >> Run >> CMD and type in this information: systeminfo >C:\log.txt

2.] upload the text file into this post. :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

rshaffer61 is correct. But, please don't buy more than 2Gb Ram, if you're using a 32-Bit operating systems.
For 64-bit, you can purchase 4Gb Ram to 6Gb Ram.

Except for the fact that the OP's system will not accept more then 2 gigs of memory there is no reason a 32 bit OS only works with 2 gigs of memory.
A 32 bit OS will see and utilize 3.5 gigs of memory but not anymore then that.
A 64 bit OS is capable of utilizing up to 128 gigs but has not reached that yet.

As far as the pic, it doesn't show the type of memory Crucial suggests. Can you supply that part of the information please?

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Lair360:

Give me about an hour will you, I'm talking with another Tech about the Malware on this system. I'm NOT very good at this type thing, so stay with me.

Thanks !!!

simplee

Edited by simplee55, 07 November 2009 - 09:30 AM.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
rshaffer

YOU said:

"As far as the pic, it doesn't show the type of memory Crucial suggests. Can you supply that part of the information please?"

What other part of the information rshaffer??? I gave you all that I could and saw on that page after running the SCAN. I'm getting frustrationed right NOW.

simplee !!!!

Edited by simplee55, 07 November 2009 - 09:50 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Calm down simplee55
What we are doing here is nothing more then information. Don't worry about the memory as I can find out the information from past posts.
I was just hoping crucial stated if it was sdram or ddr ram.
BTW to make it easier you are running a 32 bit OS so no need for looking that up. Post #13 shows everything for OS and memory.
Found your system memory...System Memory 512 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
Go HERE and even at normal price you would be looking at 76.00 USD plus shipping for 2 gigs of memory.
Now please calm down and worry about the malware side my friend. :) :) :)

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
OK, I'm calm.

rshaffer, will you please go and look at the POSTS on the malware. Azral is the tech and he's confusing me. If you look at the conversations with him, he gave new instructions to me on POST #15, because it wasnt there last night when I came online. It's even new downloads that I've never seen.

You'll see on one of his post, he told me to download ROOT Repeal which I did and posted it, and a whole day went by and I hadnt heard back from him after I posted the Report.

I even mentioned it to him, and you'll see what his reply was to me. So where I am right now, I dont know where I am right now.

:)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The posting of new logs with the same program is normal as they have to double check after cleaning problems.
The new post he is suggesting copying the codes into the corresponding program area to help.
He is still training so his posts may not be as fast as a Malware Tech so be patient.
I cannot assist in that due to the rules of the board that only malware techs can advise on malware issues. He is doing well and as he said if you are not sure then ask and he will explain it better for you. Don't worry about the downloading of the programs because when he is all finished they will have you uninstall all the programs they use during the process.
I hope this answers your questions and if not please ask and I will tryt o be more clear. You are doing good my friend.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
I totally understand. I know you can't interfere with his work, I just wanted to you look because it is I who doesn't understand. I picture this tech as being in his 20's, very young and energetic, to say the least. :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

I picture this tech as being in his 20's, very young and energetic, to say the least

This very well could be but the techs for malware go through a year if not more of training so by making it to the point he is now in his training shows he is serious about helping and learning his craft.
I understand your nervousness but rest assure that they will not have you do anything that will intentionally cause harm to your system.
If something does happen just return here and we will help get your straightened out.
You are doing great my friend and I have all the confidence in you that everything will work out in the end. :) :)

Advertisements

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
rshaffer:

Absolutely. I have confidence in this Tech, if I didnt I would fire him, but, he's making me crazy with his instructions sometimes. Just like the last converstation I had with him. In his last response to me, was he didnt tell me to post a certain FILE, but he did tell me to post it, and now he said that wasnt right.

:)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
:) Not being disrespectful to you but it does happen to the best of us. Sometimes I get confused and post the wrong instructions to the wrong topic.
I can almost bet he is nervous also just like I was the first time I posted help on here. It seems so long ago but it was just 9 months ago.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
rshaffer: :) :)

Now I'm pissed. I went to turn on this PC and when I got up on the Desktop, nothing in my SYSTEMS TRAY would load, in fact, the PC froze up on me. I had to do a HARD shut down.

It's because of Azral. You know the problems I've had with this system, but NEVER, NEVER have I had any problems with this PC shutting down or booting up, never. I have been amazed how fast it does both, and have thought, I wish the whole thing did this well.

I'm going to find someone in that DEPT. to help me because I dont want anything to go wrong with this PC.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
After the hard shutdown did the system then boot up normally?
Is everything running correctly now?
It may have just been a hiccup with the OS as it does happen once in awhile.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
After the hard shutdown did the system then boot up normally? Yes

Is everything running correctly now? No, although that's the first time the system froze up when trying to BOOT, it has frozen before.

It may have just been a hiccup with the OS as it does happen once in awhile. OK, I get it, but rshaffer, I dont need any new problems with this PC.