Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virtual Memory !

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I have forwarded the issue to a Moderator and Administrator to take a look at this topic and see if they can find a reason for the posting issue.
It will take time for them to research the issue since nobody else is having the problem.
They may message you privately to get more information because I can only provide them this topic to look through and see what you have told us describing the problem.

Advertisements

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
rshaffer:

The LINK actually brough me to your posting, immediately, it hasn't been this way for several days. When I get a Notification from whoever, I would click the LINK and instead of taking to that posting, I would have to SEARCH for it, that's where the Page numbers would start jumping, I can't explain it.

This last thing, and I will put this issue to REST.

Azral sent me a PM, the link to me immediately to my Inbox here on the Site, I finished typing my reply, hit the REPLY button, here is what I got, under an all RED banner:

"Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:
You cannot send another PM until Nov 13 2009, 07:13 AM

rshaffer, I tried 3 times to send that message back to Azral.

At the time this occurred, the time here on the West Coast was 9:25-am, not 7:13-am.

I'm done with it now.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are 2 hours behind me on time so that's not a problem on my side.
I can't explain the issue because I have ever seen it happen. This is why I asked for assistance with this because the Administrators can look and see what the problem is. It could be something as simple as a setting that is not right in your control area here on the board. It could be the infection causing the issue.
I just don't know and I would hate to give you the wrong suggestion sice I don't know for sure.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
rshaffer:

I just received a notification from you and I'm responding to it. Your last post is not there.

The problem is in the LINKS. I'm Editing this post. I hit the send button to View my post, and the same SNAPSHOT I tried to download yesterday is in this Post, at least on my screen

WEIRD

Edited by simplee55, 13 November 2009 - 01:10 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I just clicked on the last email notice I got from you which was 2 hours ago.
It took me to the last post in the topic which was the one above this post #213
So it's not the board per say. The issue is lying somewhere with either your settings on the board or with your system.
This post will be post number 215 unless you pos something before this.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Simplee55

If you have access to another computer, can you log in to Geeks to Go and see if this web page problem is happening on that computer?

That is the only way at this time I know to determine that it is the computer or specific to the site.

123runner

This is post 216

Edited by 123Runner, 13 November 2009 - 02:45 PM.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Runner:

I just recieved a E-mail notification, so I dont know if you posted one or not, the last post I see is #199, on page 14. But I noticed another page number has been added because Post 199 is on page 13.

You know, I'm just CONFUSED :)

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
I have a question:

Does anyone see the SNAPSHOT in any of my Replys, because every post I've post has that snapshot in it, like I just UPLOADED it.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
You should receive an email notification when someone posts in your topic.

The email you say you received from me was 5 minutes ago and the last one you see is 199. My post was 216 and your response is 217.
The only snapshot I see recently is in post 218

It is 4:15pm eastern time

If you have access to another computer, can you log in to Geeks to Go and see if this web page problem is happening on that computer?

That is the only way at this time I know to determine that it is the computer or specific to the site.

123runner

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Runner:

I'm answering your E-mail notification even though I dont know what you said :)

Azral got a brain storm, he asked if I could use another PC to see if the same thing would happen.

I told him when I come online tomorrow, I will be using a different PC.

Will see !!

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
This is just not working 123Runner
Azral can message OP but we cannot get a message here to work. I think the problem is that clicking on the link in email is taking OP to the last read message and that is why OP is not seeing what we type.
The only other explanation is the infection is causing this.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
This is frustrating! At least Azarl got the same idea I had with trying another computer AND he got the message to simplee55.

From what I gleam out of this, the posts are disappearing/ or not appearing at all.
Simplee55 asked on a PM to me about combofix. She/he believes that's where it all started. Do you know if combofix can be undown?

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Rshaffer61

This is not funny! Guess what I just got afetr a PM to azarl when I tried to send a PM to you???

[attachment=35887:Can_not_send_PM.jpg]

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Runner:

I'm getting all of your PM's, the only problems I had with the PM was this morning when trying to answer Azral's PM, you will have to go and look at the Post.

But I am definitely getting your PM's, just not getting your POSTS.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I just pm'd Azarl with no problem. I'm wondering if the board is having a issue since you are now having a problem.