Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virtual Memory !

• Please log in to reply

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
I had to shut my browser down and reopen it so I could send a PM to Azarl.

I am using Firefox 3.5.5 and simplee55 is on IE8. I don't think she backed it down to IE7

Advertisements

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
rshaffer:

Your saying something, I just can't answer :) :)

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

I had to shut my browser down and reopen it so I could send a PM to Azarl.

I am using Firefox 3.5.5 and simplee55 is on IE8. I don't think she backed it down to IE7

WOW, I can see this post. WOW

Runner, I am back to IE7. I uninstalled 8.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Nope tried that I believe and couldn't get it done.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Simplee55

When did you uninstall IE8?

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
This sounds like a cache issue. I often browse on my Blackberry, but it tends to use what's in my cache, so if I click on a link in an email to an ongoing topic, like this one, it takes me to the last post I made, not the last post anyone else made after me. If I hit refresh, then I get to the newest posts. Simplee55 needs to try hitting Ctrl-F5 after clicking on a link and getting to this thread.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Now the problem is getting this info to Simplee. The only way we can communicate is by pm's...
Not my ideal of fun for sure. I can have OP run TFC again to try and clear everything again.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Well, TFC may clear things, but if it's really a cache issue, then the question is why it's using the cache instead of going to the newest post. Is it a setting in IE? I don't think it's a board setting - I only have the issue with my mobile browser.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Can it possibly be in OP's My Controls?
Is there anything there that would cause this issue?
We had a issue with attachments but I had OP clear attachment history which fixed that problem and then this issue appeared.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
It would be helpful to know if the issue was from all computers - then we'd have a better idea if it's a board or computer issue. I don't see anything in Control Panel offhand.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I believe the malware topic with Azarl the OP was asked to try a different system to see if the problem exist there.
Hopefully we'll get some kind of response on that.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Rshaffer and Sari

TFC didn't work for the OP. I had the OP run ATF with clear all if you remember.

And yes, we are trying to get the OP try another computer.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yes I understand 123Runner but with everything OP has been doing I'm wondering the same as Sari and maybe the cache does need to be emptied again. Remember also Op has only 512 megs of memory and that it may be congested with the programs they are being asked to download and run.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
rshaffer:

Would you please tell Sari to PM me. She sent me a E-mail notification and you know the issue. Tell her if she wants to communicate with me at anytime, this is how it will have to done right now.

Also, just letting you know I got your PM.

Thanks

Edited by simplee55, 13 November 2009 - 10:26 PM.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Simplee55

When did you uninstall IE8?

Runner:

I uninstalled it for the 2nd time on Monday and had to disconnect the Security Center from Microsoft. Kept getting that YELLOW sign in my Systems Tray telling me that there was One (1) download that needed to be installed, it was IE8, so to prevent that from happening, I disconnected.

As everyone can see, I can see all the conversation that's been going on, PLEASE do not ask me how, it just happened after I made a post just before making this post to rshaffer asking him to tell Sari to communicate with me thru PM and there the posts were, go figure.

rshaffer:

Do you remember a month or so ago you were helping me work on Chris' PC, that's the PC I'm gonna have to use, but his PC is in bad shape, his Virtual Memory, if I remember is LOWER than mine. So my question is this, should I use this PC to see if the problem stops. What should I do here.

Another thing I totally forgot to mention. I started having these problems right after Azral had me run ComboFix. Everything was working in order up until then. Just thought I would mention it.

simplee

Edited by simplee55, 13 November 2009 - 10:46 PM.