Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virtual Memory !

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I'm not suggesting fighting as what you think. What I'm saying is that by Azarl helping on the malware side and us trying to fix things on our side we may be giving contradicting suggestions or suggestions that may not work with the others advice. It is better to finish with him to make sure the system is healthy and then we can continue here.
As far as the other system we will start a new topic on it and work on it when this system is working correctly.

Advertisements

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
I understand and agree.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thank you and you may want to go and clear your attachments again to see if that helps with the attachments constantly appearing.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Please finish with Azarl
Then we can concentrate on this as we are not accomplishing anything by fighting against each other.

rshaffer61:

I will finish with Azral, I'm waiting for his next instructions. I dont know if he's online yet, or will be online today.

But I keep getting notifications and you know I'm going to respond to them, that's the only reason I'm online.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
rshaffer:

I guess I'm going to be going thru this for a very long time, please read:

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:
You cannot send another PM until Nov 14 2009, 11:01 AM

So, Azral PM'ed me, and nothing there. The time is now 11:12-am here and I still can't reply back to him from my own Inbox here on the site.

Azral asked me to run RunFix and MBAM Programs, and post both of them, which I did. The RunFix Log is the only thing showing from my end of things, but it doesnt matter because Azral saw both from his side.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
rshaffer:

I'm getting ready to power down the system and come back up on Chris' PC. Will you please tell Azral that I can not use the Reply button from my Inbox, it still won't work and tell him to go to the board and look at my last reply to him.

The is going to take sometime, because I have to work slow, because of having back problems.

Thank, will C you soon !!!

simplee

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
Just butting in about the PM issue...

When you send a PM, you're just unable to send another one until however long later. It's like search or post flood control, only with PMs.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Just butting in about the PM issue...

When you send a PM, you're just unable to send another one until however long later. It's like search or post flood control, only with PMs.

Hello Chopin:

Thank you 4 your input.

I dont know about the time factor of when I can send a Reply from my Inbox, but I tried to send my reply up to 30 minutes after I received that message in my Inbox. It kept telling me "I must wait until 11:01-am, well, 30 minutes had already passed.

I asked Rshaffer if he could deliver that message to Azral.

simplee !!!

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
rshaffer:

I'm back online with Chris' PC and every thing seems to be going very well. I've not run into any problems so far.

I saw the latest post from Azral, and of course, I can't do any of his instructions until I come back on my PC.

When I booted up his PC, I had to wait about 10 minutes for all the running Programs to stop bumping into each other, and after they finished knocking each other out, I proceed to uninstall AVG 9.0 off of this PC. I am going to install Avast.

Edited by simplee55, 14 November 2009 - 04:25 PM.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Simplee55

We do not want to confuse things any more that they already are by starting on Chris's.
I would leave Chris's computer alone for right now. (unless Rshaffer61 wants to go at it...it should be in another topic (its own)though.

If Chris's computer is not having any issues with PM's and seeing the posts, Then that would eliminate the board/forum as a problem and put the issues back to something on your computer. (and that could be malware or some settings/ program that hasn't surfaced yet).

I would use his computer to see the posts and instructions and then due the stuff azarl asks on yours.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

rshaffer:

I'm getting ready to power down the system and come back up on Chris' PC. Will you please tell Azral that I can not use the Reply button from my Inbox, it still won't work and tell him to go to the board and look at my last reply to him.

The is going to take sometime, because I have to work slow, because of having back problems.

Thank, will C you soon !!!

simplee

Did you try the bookmark trick Simplee and did it help?

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
rshaffer:

did you see my post about the bookmark???

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Simplee55

We do not want to confuse things any more that they already are by starting on Chris's.
I would leave Chris's computer alone for right now. (unless Rshaffer61 wants to go at it...it should be in another topic (its own)though.

If Chris's computer is not having any issues with PM's and seeing the posts, Then that would eliminate the board/forum as a problem and put the issues back to something on your computer. (and that could be malware or some settings/ program that hasn't surfaced yet).

I would use his computer to see the posts and instructions and then due the stuff azarl asks on yours.

Runner:

I'm not doing anything.

The reason I went to Chris' PC is because I could not see any of Azral's messages on the posts.

I tried for 30 minutes to Reply to him and it never would allow me to from my Inbox, I only connected Chris' PC so I could see what Azral's next instructions were and to see if it is my PC where the problem is on this site.

And as far as I can see, it's this PC.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Runner:

I'm adding one more thing.

Azral asked me to re-run the OTL and MBAM Programs, which I did and posted both Logs.

After I posted them, I closed out my browser and reopened it, and the only Log I saw was the RunFix Log, not the MBAM Log.

It wasn't until I heard back from Azral that he viewed both Logs and found nothing wrong on either.

That was my first (1st) clue that he saw them.

But after I hooked Chris' PC up, I saw not only the 2nd Log, but I also saw, for the first (1st) time, Azral's instructions on the next step.

Now I'm back on my PC, and I not only don't see the 2 logs, I don't see Azral's instructions to me on the next step.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Then the problem is related to your IE.
It's not the site and 123Runner, Azurl, Sari, and myself have checked it and everything is working correctly on the board.