Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virtual Memory !

• Please log in to reply

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Did you try the bookmark trick Simplee and did it help? Yes I did, that's where I'm replying from.

But gotta tell rshaffer, it's still really NO change, because I just received a E-mail notification from YOU, and your post is nowhere to be found, or read I should say.

Edited by simplee55, 15 November 2009 - 05:00 PM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Simplee55 can I ask a few questions please?
Do you have the original installation disk for this system?
Is it a recovery disk or a genuine microsoft disk?
How much data is on the drive that you need to make sure is safe?
We are crossing posts here and with Azurl trying to assist and I think we are spinning in circles.
This is post 272 in this topic with another 110 in the malware topic. I also saw you have started a new topic due to all the confusion. Please read this carefully and respond with the information so we can proceed with what I believe the next step needs to be.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Do you have the original installation disk for this system?
No, I was not given any disks.

Is it a recovery disk or a genuine microsoft disk?
Same answer

How much data is on the drive that you need to make sure is safe? I have NO idea how much data is on the drive.

We are crossing posts here and with Azurl trying to assist and I think we are spinning in circles.
The reason I started another TOPIC, is because every time I hit the Reply button, I was taken to the page where I had to log in again, and again, and again,etc. That just happened to me again when trying to access YOU from that E-mail notification, the LINKS don't work for me. So the only way this site would allow me to communicate was to start another POST, and that was by chance. At that point, nothing here seemed to work for me. I tried PMing you and I kept getting: I am Not Authorized to use this feature, and that's not my fault. So the only thing left to do was, start another Post in order to see and be heard, period. The only way that I am able to even communicate with you right now, I just downloaded and installed Opera, and I hope this browser is BETTER than FireFox.

This is post 272 in this topic with another 110 in the malware topic. I also saw you have started a new topic due to all the confusion. Please read this carefully and respond with the information so we can proceed with what I believe the next step needs to be.
Ok, there are post right now on this site with post numbers much larger than 272 and/or 110, and your point being??? I can understand your concern about starting a New Topic, but again, that's not my fault. Please read again why I had to start a New Topic.

All I know at this point is this, when I came to this site, this PC didn't have all the problems it's having now, I hope you can attest to that. Because you and Runner walked me thru much of what the problems were before now, that's all I'm gonna say. This PC is running a muck.

simplee

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

All I know at this point is this, when I came to this site, this PC didn't have all the problems it's having now, I hope you can attest to that. Because you and Runner walked me thru much of what the problems were before now, that's all I'm gonna say. This PC is running a muck.

I understand your frustration but we don't know what is causing the issues. The only logical explanation is a infection or a hardware issue.
Unless we start this completely over which is in my opinion a waste of time for you there is no way to tell. I can give you countless tests to run and look at the results but they won't change what I believe the underlying problem is.
We have at least two Techs working on your issues and another member. I am willing to go through everything again if that is what it will take to find the problem. The choice is really up to you in the end.
If Azurl has not finished with the cleaning of your system then the possibility of a active infection still exists.
This is why I suggested finishing with him.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
WOW !!!

Now the REPLY button works, after I PM you ... ???

rshaffer, I most definitely will finish with Azral, I'm not pulling out now.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
I am in agreement with Rshaffer61 on this one.
We do understand your frustration. There is definitely something deeply rooted that is creating these issues.
When all is said and done and something takes this long to resolve, I usually find it will be something stupid.

because every time I hit the Reply button, I was taken to the page where I had to log in again, and again, and again,etc

The reason you got that is because you installed IE8 again. We all identified this as the problem a long time ago when you uninstalled IE8 and went to IE7 and it worked for a while.

Firefox works and it works quite well. Something is corrupting it.
We probably have some system files that are corrupt. And if this is true we will see all kinds of weird issues.
I also suspect a corrupt IE.

I suspect IE8 got installed automatically. In other words your system is set to download and install updates with no intervention.
That is something we will need to work on with you.

Can you see if your friend that you got the computer from has any disks for the computer?

123runner

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

rshaffer:

This PM finally worked, but hitting that Reply button does not work for me.

I thank you for your reply. Please understand that I am NOT blaming Azral for none of this, but what I am saying:

Because this system appears to be unstable, I just think that all the running of the different tools have caused some type of problem.

Take for instance, this last AVP Tool. I couldnt believe that the only way to post that Log was, I would have to take it in SECTIONS. COPY and DROP into the Post. This SITE couldnt handle this Log.

It appears that none of the Reply buttons will work for me, so I dont know what to do or say from this point.

Please thank all those that are working on these problems for me, I so appreciate it.

simplee

As 123Runner states we have all agreed on the problem and I'm going to throw another possibility in this guys.
Firewall settings although why would FireFox work then.?

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
I don't think we ever discussed what firewall simplee55 has. I assume it is the MS default so in reality it should effect IE and FF.

But now since FF is acting up, I am leaning towards some system file corruption.

123runner

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yep and a sfc/scnnow would help on that but again we cross paths with Azurl and I'm not going to do that.
Enough frustration for Simplee55 already.
We need to stand down and wait.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Runner:

The reason you got that is because you installed IE8 again. We all identified this as the problem a long time ago when you uninstalled IE8 and went to IE7 and it worked for a while. No Runner, that's not entirely true. I was also having problems with IE7 as far as this site goes. The only two problems that stopped were, I didn't have to keep signing in and I got my Yahoo home page back. It wasn't as bad as IE-8, but I still had problems seeing the posts with 7.

Firefox works and it works quite well. Something is corrupting it. Alright, I believe you, but have you considered that your System is more stable, and this one is NOT

I also suspect a corrupt IE. I believe that. I got on Microsoft's Forum boards and spoke with their Techs and told them the problems I'm having here at this site, and their response was, they totally agreed that IE-8 is a piece of junk, but nothing can be done about it because it's part of the SYSTEM. I would have to either live with it, or install another browser, which I did, Opera, and so far, so good.

Can you see if your friend that you got the computer from has any disks for the computer? I've already looked into that and his answer was, there were NO disk.

simplee !!

Edited by simplee55, 16 November 2009 - 06:20 PM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Congratulations. :) for a successful resolution for your Malware issue. You did have some infections and other issues that Azurll was able to correct. How is the system running now?
Did you manage to egt rid of all the programs he had you download and use?

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
:) :) :)

And with all the above said, NO Azral did not clear out any of the Tools that were downloaded.

I posted 5 SNAPSHOTS of my "C" drive for him to look at to see what needed to go, and he ignored it.

rshaffer, if you could look at Post 122 at HJT, so I dont have to UPLOAD again, to see what needs to go and what needs to stay, I would greatly appreciate that.

It takes about one half to one minute for by browser to open. My browser is Opera. I'm finished with IE .... period.

And it takes a little while for Outlook Express to open. My thought on that is because of the Fire Fox browswer, and I know how Runner feels about FF, but rshaffer, as I mentioned to Runner in my last REPLY to him, he has a much stabler system then this one.

simplee

Edited by simplee55, 17 November 2009 - 10:26 AM.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
rshaffer;

Here is a SNAPSHOT of my Desktop.

If you look to the FAR right of the screen, you will see all the Tools that are still there.

Also, there are tools still downloaded on the system that you dont see on the Desktop. And I dont know how to find them or delete them.

Edited by simplee55, 17 November 2009 - 10:30 AM.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
rshaffer:

Sorry about the first SNAPSHOT.

This is the one I want you to look at.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Post #120 in the malware topic has the uninstall instructions that Azurl posted. From what I see there is really only one program you need to run to get rid of the majority of the programs he had you download and use. The instructions are this:

OTL Cleanup
Run OTL and hit the cleanup button. It will remove all the programmes we have used plus itself.

What this means is that it will uninstall the programs and uninstall itself when it is done running.
If you are having trouble with it then ask him about it or I will look at it and try to explain it easier for you. If not then do the following and maybe we can get rid of the programs this way.

Go to Start then to Control Panel
Click on Add\Remove Programs
Now scroll down till you find the RootRepeal program and on the right click the Remove or Uninstall button. Follow the prompts and it should be uninstalled.
TFC is a program you should keep unless the ATF program 123Runner had you get works better for you.
Burncdcc is another you can uninstall using the above steps.
The Burncdcc zip looking folder on your desktop right click on it and then click Delete
KAS.txt you can Right Click on and Delete
Virus Removal folder I'm not sure what that is so if you can open it and take another snapshot and attach it I will let you know.
Windows Installer and Setup you can Right click and [b]Delete
each of those.
Let me know when yyou have completed the steps or if you have any questions.