Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virtual Memory !

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Nope you can run it everyday if you want to. All it does is straighten your files out so that your system doesn't have to search so much.

Advertisements

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
rshaffer:

I wanted to tell you that the Revo Uninstall Tool is a wonderful program.

I followed your instructions, but the only problem I had was, after I did the Scan for the uninstall, I tried to go back where I was when I first started the Scan and couldnt find the place of the Advance Mode, I remember seeing the Advance Mode, but couldnt find it after I ran the Uninstall.

The only mode I see now is the Hunter Mode and I hope you know and understand what that Mode does.

So as it stands, I couldnt do the Advance Mode Scan.

From the pop out menu choose Uninstall
Click Yes to the confirmation dialogue
In the next window select the Advanced mode I couldn't find this mode
Click Next to start uninstalling the program
Answer Yes to confirm the uninstall
When the program has completed the four steps, click Next to allow the program to search for leftovers
Once complete, click Next, then Finish
Repeat the above steps for any other programs you wish to remove.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Uh Revo Uninstaller is what uninstalls programs. I think what you are looking for is the TFC program which is what gets rids of the temp and cache files.
Is this correct or are you trying to uninstall some program?

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Uh Revo Uninstaller is what uninstalls programs. I think what you are looking for is the TFC program which is what gets rids of the temp and cache files.
Is this correct or are you trying to uninstall some program?

No. Don't you remember my asking Runner about the PATH he gave me about deleting that FF program, and if he could give me a similar PATH for deleting any leftover FILES or FOLDERS on the system??

I already have the TFC program.

So, I don't understand your question.

Also, the REVO Uninstaller, I can just use this program to do all of my uninstalls instead of going to the CONTROL panel???

Edited by simplee55, 27 November 2009 - 09:13 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Also, the REVO Uninstaller, I can just use this program to do all of my uninstalls instead of going to the CONTROL panel???

Yes you can do it this way if you wish but normally we only use this program for difficult uninstalls.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
OK.

After I installed the REVO program and opened it up, the programs that were listed on my system, were itemized, meaning, there were little + SIGNS there and I could click on them and little menus would drop down, you know what I'm talking about. I don't know how to get that screen back, can you instruct me ???

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I'm not sure why this is happening. Try going HERE to Revo's website and see if they have a answer tot hat problem.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Other then the above how is the system running?
All other programs working good and no problems with Low Virtual Memory messages?

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
I've read all the different benefits that come with this Tool, and nothing explains how to get back to where I was after I first opened the Tool up.

In fact, the UNINSTALL tab is already clicked when I open the tool up.

All is well with the system, and NO sign of VM being low.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK does Revo work even without the + signs?
If so then it's not worth the hassle of trying to play with it.

Advertisements

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

OK does Revo work even without the + signs?
If so then it's not worth the hassle of trying to play with it.

I found out how to get to the drop down menus, you have to click on the program you want to uninstall first, then hit the uninstall button and it will go thru the process and then this itemized list appears.

I got it now.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Glad to hear it is working again. :) :)

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Nope it will setup optimized by default.
It will automatically update itself usually once a day. Nope, this AntiVirus Programs UPDATES twice per day and I really think this is why my Outlook Express is having (some) of the problems.
After I connected and booted up on Chris' PC, went to Outlook Express, and with lighting speed, it opened, it doesnt do that for me.

I have Chris' PC up and running. We can start shortly.
I know you mentioned that we would keep my post Virtual Memory opened, but Chris' post is named: "Can't download any Media" do you want to start posting from there or the "Virtual Memory" post. He only has 11 pages, I have over 300 pages???

Edited by simplee55, 29 November 2009 - 12:30 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Sure we can use his if you want. Can you get a link for it or post in there and it will show up on the list then

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Can you get a link for it or post in there and it will show up on the list then. Ok, what I'll do is answer you from that post.