Virtual Memory !
Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:51 PM
I was not involved in Chris's topic.
Posted 29 November 2009 - 02:09 PM
Posted 29 November 2009 - 02:51 PM
How do I find Chris' topic.
And I signed him in, instead of me
Edited by ChristopherLP, 29 November 2009 - 02:51 PM.
Posted 29 November 2009 - 02:59 PM
Here is the link
Posted 29 November 2009 - 03:33 PM
Thank U, I found the post I need!!!
I'm waiting for rshaffer to E-mail me so we can get started.
I went thru all of my Posts which are over 300 so I could download all the Tools you guys gave me so I can use for Chris' PC problems.
I just had a thought, I wonder if rshaffer knows it's me mailing him ??? Maybe, that's why he hasn't responded yet.
Edited by ChristopherLP, 29 November 2009 - 03:34 PM.
Posted 29 November 2009 - 03:38 PM
I am off to check it out and refresh myself with it.
Posted 29 November 2009 - 03:48 PM
its a long day. See you in the other topic.
Posted 29 November 2009 - 03:58 PM
Guys go to: "Can't download any Media"
Edited by ChristopherLP, 29 November 2009 - 04:07 PM.
Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:24 PM
Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:39 PM
Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:07 AM
The link you gave me for Outlook Express, I looked at that site and nothing at that site tells me anything about how to do a fix.
I spent a whole day looking at all the links that would apply to my situation, which was, nothing being about to enlarge the Text.
Now the NEW problem I'm having is accessing my E-mail.
Do you have any suggestions.
Thank U !!
Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:38 AM
Don't you remember me telling you that I could not ENLARGE the text in my E-mail?? Maybe the reason you can't recall it is because Runner jumped on it right away and nothing else was said about it until today.
Posted 01 December 2009 - 03:08 PM
Ok, lets see if we can get this straightened out.
The main thing here is to look at Some fixes for the slow opening of OE are as follows... shown below.
The other thing is a better explanation of the copy, paste, font size, and highlight issue.
In post 345 simplee55 mentioned that OE was taking to long to open.
Simplee55...You then stated about doing a lot of copying and pasting and you can't enlarge the text. Also mentioned was about highlighting going crazy.
In the meantime, I'm having problems with Outlook Express.
It's taking too long opening up.
Because I do a lot of Copy and Paste, I've noticed that when I want to enlarge the text, it won't enlarge, the text stays the same. Also, when I highlight something, it appears like the highlight goes crazy, like it won't let me control it.
Does it sound like Outlook is corrupt and if it is, is there some thing that can be done about it??
We need to break this down.
1. The link I gave you was just to show how OE7 and OE8 are not truly Outlook express 7 and Outlook express 8. That was all, nothing else.
2. I do know that if you have a lot of folders and a lot of emails in all those folders, then Outlook express will take a long time to open.
Some fixes for the slow opening of OE are as follows...
1. Delete all old mail that you donít need. Donít forget to clean Deleted Itemsfolder.
2. Empty the temp folders. -------> you are doing this with TFC and/or ATF
3. Close and reopen OE. Then go to File -> Folder -> Compact all Folders. ----->This removes any wasted space and frees up disk space. This helped when I did it on my OE.
4. Another cause of slow starts is opening OE at its home page, rather than the Inbox. Because that page is an HTML file, it is usually slower to display than is the Inbox. Click Tools| Options and place a check mark for "When starting, go directly to my Inbox folder."
5. Leaving the Preview Pane open in combination with opening directly to the Inbox can result in a slower startup. You can turn the Preview Pane off under View| Layout, or add the Preview button to the OE toolbar to toggle the pane on and off with a single click
There are others, but now we get into dealing with MSN messenger, IE problems, and the registry and I will not go there.
Next up is about copy and paste and enlarging text....
Are you trying to do this in Outlook express?
Are you looking to get what you see in preview pane (what displays on your computer) to be a different size?
Are you looking to send your emails with a different size font?
If you are copying from OE and then back in to OE AND trying to change size, I do not believe you can do that. I do not know of any highlighting available either.
You need to explain better about the copy, paste and highlight.
If you what to change the size of the fonts on messages sent and received, then those changes can be made under Tools....Options...the read tab and compose tab.
When Rshaffer61 asked
in post 355, you responded with
Have you cleaned your temp and cache files out lately?
in post 358.
Oh yes, it makes things a lot faster.
We assumed that this resolved your OE issue because that is where we were troubleshooting at the time.
Rshaffer61 responded in post 359 with
and nothing else was brought up on the subject.
I believe that until you can increase you total memory you will have to clean the temps and the cache out every couple of days to keep everything running good online. Since that resolved that problem and now you know how to correct it we can concentrate on the other system starting on Saturday.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users