Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virtual Memory !

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Okey dokey. :)

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Rshaffer61, you are om your own unless you send me a link.
I was not involved in Chris's topic.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
123Runner I will supply the link if you are willing to assist in it. Thanks for the information as I thought you were but it is no problem.

ChristopherLP

ChristopherLP

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
rshaffer:

How do I find Chris' topic.

And I signed him in, instead of me

Edited by ChristopherLP, 29 November 2009 - 02:51 PM.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Click on christophers name and go to his topics.
Here is the link

http://www.geekstogo...ia-t255798.html

ChristopherLP

ChristopherLP

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Runner:

Thank U, I found the post I need!!!

I'm waiting for rshaffer to E-mail me so we can get started.

I went thru all of my Posts which are over 300 so I could download all the Tools you guys gave me so I can use for Chris' PC problems.

I just had a thought, I wonder if rshaffer knows it's me mailing him ??? Maybe, that's why he hasn't responded yet.

Edited by ChristopherLP, 29 November 2009 - 03:34 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
His topic is located HERE
I am off to check it out and refresh myself with it.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
So what did I do in post 380?

its a long day. See you in the other topic.

ChristopherLP

ChristopherLP

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
NEVER MIND !!!

Guys go to: "Can't download any Media"

Thank U

Edited by ChristopherLP, 29 November 2009 - 04:07 PM.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Can anyone tell me if there's an easier way of jumping to a page number and/or a post??

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
page numbers are at the top left and bottom left of page. Individual posts no you will have to know the page it is on

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Runner:

The link you gave me for Outlook Express, I looked at that site and nothing at that site tells me anything about how to do a fix.

I spent a whole day looking at all the links that would apply to my situation, which was, nothing being about to enlarge the Text.

Now the NEW problem I'm having is accessing my E-mail.

Do you have any suggestions.

Thank U !!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK I'm lost now as I see no posts about OE text increase.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Yes there is, I just can't tell you which post it is, but it's there.

Don't you remember me telling you that I could not ENLARGE the text in my E-mail?? Maybe the reason you can't recall it is because Runner jumped on it right away and nothing else was said about it until today.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Simplee55 and Rshaffer61

Ok, lets see if we can get this straightened out.

The main thing here is to look at Some fixes for the slow opening of OE are as follows... shown below.
The other thing is a better explanation of the copy, paste, font size, and highlight issue.

In post 345 simplee55 mentioned that OE was taking to long to open.
Simplee55...You then stated about doing a lot of copying and pasting and you can't enlarge the text. Also mentioned was about highlighting going crazy.

In the meantime, I'm having problems with Outlook Express.

It's taking too long opening up.

Because I do a lot of Copy and Paste, I've noticed that when I want to enlarge the text, it won't enlarge, the text stays the same. Also, when I highlight something, it appears like the highlight goes crazy, like it won't let me control it.

Does it sound like Outlook is corrupt and if it is, is there some thing that can be done about it??

We need to break this down.
1. The link I gave you was just to show how OE7 and OE8 are not truly Outlook express 7 and Outlook express 8. That was all, nothing else.
2. I do know that if you have a lot of folders and a lot of emails in all those folders, then Outlook express will take a long time to open.

Some fixes for the slow opening of OE are as follows...
1. Delete all old mail that you don’t need. Don’t forget to clean Deleted Itemsfolder.
2. Empty the temp folders. -------> you are doing this with TFC and/or ATF
3. Close and reopen OE. Then go to File -> Folder -> Compact all Folders. ----->This removes any wasted space and frees up disk space. This helped when I did it on my OE.
4. Another cause of slow starts is opening OE at its home page, rather than the Inbox. Because that page is an HTML file, it is usually slower to display than is the Inbox. Click Tools| Options and place a check mark for "When starting, go directly to my Inbox folder."
5. Leaving the Preview Pane open in combination with opening directly to the Inbox can result in a slower startup. You can turn the Preview Pane off under View| Layout, or add the Preview button to the OE toolbar to toggle the pane on and off with a single click

There are others, but now we get into dealing with MSN messenger, IE problems, and the registry and I will not go there.

Next up is about copy and paste and enlarging text....
Simplee555....
Are you trying to do this in Outlook express?
Are you looking to get what you see in preview pane (what displays on your computer) to be a different size?
Are you looking to send your emails with a different size font?
If you are copying from OE and then back in to OE AND trying to change size, I do not believe you can do that. I do not know of any highlighting available either.
You need to explain better about the copy, paste and highlight.

If you what to change the size of the fonts on messages sent and received, then those changes can be made under Tools....Options...the read tab and compose tab.

When Rshaffer61 asked

Have you cleaned your temp and cache files out lately?

in post 355, you responded with

Oh yes, it makes things a lot faster.

in post 358.
We assumed that this resolved your OE issue because that is where we were troubleshooting at the time.

Rshaffer61 responded in post 359 with

I believe that until you can increase you total memory you will have to clean the temps and the cache out every couple of days to keep everything running good online. Since that resolved that problem and now you know how to correct it we can concentrate on the other system starting on Saturday.

and nothing else was brought up on the subject.

123runner