Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virtual Memory !

• Please log in to reply

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
simplee55

Your main C drive has 54.87gb free. You have plenty of room.

I am not sure what the other ones are?
one is 31mb
The other is 2.84gb
They are a minimal amount.

Lets just say that a gigabyte is a HUGE amount of space and a kilobyte is a small space.
So with 54.87gb (gigabyte) free, you have a HUGE amount of hard drive space.

123runner

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Sorry about that.. It's part of the instructions and I sometimes forget what I have or have not explained.
As far as your drive you look good with the amount of free space.
Almost 55 gigs free so that should be enough to do what you want.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
rshaffer:

It all depended on what you were going to tell me about the Free Space size.

So, now I can tell you this:

I uninstalled AVAST and reinstalled AVG9. I truly believe that AVAST was corrupted because of the issues I mentioned to you I was having. You had determined that AVAST was running the way it was because of Memory, I came to believe that also, but there were other issues I had.

After the reinstall of AVG, I then downloaded one of my games I play, so with AVG being as large as it is, and this game being as large as it was, I got, my VM was running low.

It scared me and that's why I asked you about Free Space on this PC.

In fact, it scared me so much that I totally uninstalled AVG9 and reinstalled AVAST.
It took almost 8 minutes just to install AVG. And it took 10 minutes just to uninstall that Program, and I used REVO to do the uninstall.

I used the MODERATE uninstall first and it found 199 files/folders to uninstall. After that I did the ADVANCED mode and it found 389 more files/folder to uninstall. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

AVG had over 500 files and folders attached with it. I had NO idea that it was that large. The reason I have been so sold on AVG was because the last PC I had, AVG gave me absolutely NO problems on that PC and I was running "ME", and you know how unstable ME is.

Before I unstalled AVAST, I had 27 days left of Free protection, but after I reinstalled it, not only did I get 59 days of protection, I got the right program this time, meaning, it's not corrupted.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
rshaffer:

If a game says it's 127.9-mb in size and it takes 13 minutes to download, it's okay huh??

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
128 megs to round it off so its easier to understand.
That is 10% or so of a gig of hd space.
Now you 55 gigs free.
No way you do not have enough room for the game.
You would have to install that game basically 500 times on the same hard drive. In other have 500 copies of that game installed.

Before I unstalled AVAST, I had 27 days left of Free protection, but after I reinstalled it, not only did I get 59 days of protection, I got the right program this time, meaning, it's not corrupted.

Now i don't understand why you have a time limit on your AVAST. If you got the Free Home Edition and registered it you would have no time limit on it.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
[128 megs to round it off so its easier to understand.
That is 10% or so of a gig of hd space.
Now you 55 gigs free.
No way you do not have enough room for the game.
You would have to install that game basically 500 times on the same hard drive. In other have 500 copies of that game installed. Great to hear, thank you for explaining that.

Now i don't understand why you have a time limit on your AVAST. If you got the Free Home Edition and registered it you would have no time limit on it. Oh my, was I suppose to register it. :)

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
rshaffer:

Thought I would check in and let you know that my PC is running just GREAT. I have no worries or woes.

I also wanted to thank you for the different tools you gave me to keep the system in good health.

Thank U !!!

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
NEVER MIND !!!

Edited by simplee55, 17 December 2009 - 03:54 PM.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

I'M WISHING EVERYONE AT GEEKS TO GO and

Posted Image
Comments - Graphics[/img]

YOUR FAMILIES TO A MERRY CHRISTMAS and
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010

simplee55

Edited by simplee55, 22 December 2009 - 11:09 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thank you Simplee55
The kind words and wishes you express are why we all do this. I myself enjoy being able to help someone like yourself and to be able to save you what surely would have been several hundreds of dollars worth of diagnostics work. Knowing that you have been able to learn from us and to understand why something happens like this. More important how to hopefully be able to handle it now. I am so glad to hear everything is working correctly and no lingering problems are bothering you. :)
123Runner and myself have bounced a lot of different ideals off each during this and hopefully haven't confused you to much. :)
With the season of celebration now here then :) enjoy and please don't hesitate to return with any new issue you may have or even just a general question.

Advertisements

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
rshaffer:

The Pointer on my mouse is starting to stick again. The only way I knew to correct it was I did a System Restore, and it stopped, now it's started up again. I hated to do that and thought it would work itself out, but it didn't.

Is there a better way of making this correction ???

Thank U !!!

Edited by simplee55, 18 December 2009 - 07:37 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
What do you mean by the pointer is sticking?
Is the mouse freezing or is it not moving for a second or two?
Is it moving and stopping then starting again?
Standard PS2 mouse with a little rollerball on the bottom?

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Is the mouse freezing or is it not moving for a second or two? YES !!!
Is it moving and stopping then starting again? YES !!!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Well if it is a standard PS2 mouse then there is a little ball on the bottom of it that you can take out.
Open the compartment and take a Q-tip with a little rubbing alcohol on it. Clean the rollers and contacts and then put the ball back in. Try it now.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
It's not a PS2 mouse, it's Optical.

Edited by simplee55, 18 December 2009 - 10:44 PM.