Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virtual Memory !

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Could be a dirty optical laser.
Wired or cordless?

Advertisements

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
I know what's causing the problem.

This web site Big Fish games is the creator of the bulk of the Hidden Object games I like to play. What your doing is finding hidden objects in these different situations that pertain to the story line.

So, say I go to Real Arcade looking to play and download a certain game, well you would think that Real would be the creator of this game, but that's not necessarily true, it could be Big Fish that created that game. It appears that 90 percent of these type games come from Big Fish and the other game sites like Big Fish either Buy or Rent their games to generate traffic to their own web sites. I hope this doesn't sound too complicated.

If I go directly to Big Fish and download one of their games, you are actually downloading their game console with each of their games. With the other sites, that's not true, your only downloading the game and that's all.

So after I uninstall Big Fish's game, that is when my mouse stalls.

I know that I can't download any of Big Fish's games from them any longer.

So rshaffer, now that I've tried to explain what I believe the problem to be, is there something that can be done about my mouse.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I've never ran into this problem because I don't download the games to play. I play them online and then when I'm done I move along to something else.
I don't understand why uninstalling their game console would cause your mouse not to work.
Being a flash or java based game it would have nothing to do with the mouse driver being over written.
I just can't say what would be causing the issue.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
OK Thank U !!!

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
rshaffer:

You mentioned Mouse Drivers. Is it possible to uninstall and reinstall my mouse drivers.

If this can happen, how involved would it be to do this.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Go to Device Manager
Open Mouse entry and then Right Click on the mouse and then click on uninstall
Reboot and let windows reinstall the driver.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Thank U !!! :) :)

Edited by simplee55, 19 December 2009 - 11:10 AM.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
rshaffer:

Can you look at this SNAPSHOT and tell me if this is what I should Uninstall ???

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yes

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
thank U

Advertisements

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
rshaffer:

I'm going to give it a couple of days to see if the changes made in the Device Manager will take place, because it didn't correct this problem.

I scheduled AVAST to run in the Bootable mode and it just ran and thank God it found no infected files/folders. So I don't know what the problem would/could be.

The actual mouse I have is a very good mouse, it's never given me any problems at all, so I don't know.

Also, the reason I have to download these hidden object games is because you can't play them any other way. Their not the type games that can be played online or on any web site. But thanks for your help anyways !!!

Edited by simplee55, 19 December 2009 - 01:38 PM.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
rshaffer:

I did a AutoRuns and was scrolling thru and saw AVG. I did a REVO uninstall and thought that all fills/folders had been deleted. Does it really matter that some remainders are still there.

Can you look at the snapshot and tell me what I can/should do about AVG in the AutoRuns program?

And by the way, my mouse has gotten worse. Now it's jumping all over the screen.

Thank U !!!

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
rshaffer:

Earlier today, I think it was AVAST said in that voice that I had picked up a TROJAN.

I just did a FULL Scan in SAFE MODE, which took about 3 and 1/2 hrs. in the Archive Files and there were NO infected files.

I'm getting ready to do another Scan in SAFE MODE on FILES and FOLDERS.

Is there any SPECIAL way I should program AVAST to do this Scan so if there is anything, it won't miss it.

And is doing this type of Scan in safe mode, is that the wise thing to do and if there is something found after I do another Scan, what should be done next.

Maybe that's why my POINTER is running a muck.

Thank you !!!

simplee

Edited by simplee55, 20 December 2009 - 06:27 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Avast should be set to run all the time. You can have it do a bootup scan also if you would like.
This is one of the reasons i like Avast is because it's a real time scanner and updates everyday.
If you have it set to do a full scan then it should be checking everything on the drive.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
I haven't changed any setting in AVAST so I hope it's Scanning all the time in background. If it is, why would I hear that voice say you have a TROJAN.

Also, during the scan, it said archive files and I saw nothing else.

And speaking about it running all the time, how would it be possible to pick up anything, TROJANS or otherwise ??

rshaffer, what am I'm going to do about my POINTER, it's driving me crazy. I took the mouse out of the port where I had it and put it in another port and it's still doing the same thing.

I even put the mouse that the came with the PC, and it didn't work at all.

My keyboard works alright, but the NUMBERS pad does not work at all.

Edited by simplee55, 20 December 2009 - 07:30 PM.