Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virtual Memory !

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Did you turn system off before changing the mouse?
You can't plug a PS2 mouse in while system is running. It could short the mouse out.
Keyboard works but numbers don't... is the numlock key turned on?
Avast should be saying it has upgraded the definitions. If it is finding a infection that could be a false positive reading. Has this happened lately or is this from before?

Advertisements

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Did you turn system off before changing the mouse? No I didn't, never thought to. You think that if I try that, then maybe my mouse may work again. Because I have never had any problems with this particular mouse. I know everything wears out, but its been good. :)

You can't plug a PS2 mouse in while system is running. It could short the mouse out. Oh NO... :)

Keyboard works but numbers don't... is the numlock key turned on? Yes

Avast should be saying it has upgraded the definitions. It did and does, this thing UPDATES twice a day.

If it is finding a infection that could be a false positive reading. Has this happened lately or is this from before? No, never ever before, of course, it scared me. I went to a website to look at recipes for my Christmas Dinner and as soon the page loaded, there's that voice, I didn't have time to click yet.

Edited by simplee55, 20 December 2009 - 08:13 PM.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
rshaffer:

The DELL mouse works, I can't believe it. It just feels very different under my hand, but it works ..... YES !! :)

Has anyone ever told you, your BRILLIANT. I don't know your financial situation, but you should be a millionaire. Bill Gates has NOTHING on you ..... :)

And please, don't do the modesty thing, just take the compliment ......
:)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thank you and modesty is normal for me. I am just happy the resolution was correct. I would venture to say the optical mouse probably is failing and that is why you are having problems.
Avast about 2 weeks ago had a bad definition upgrade and that may be the cause of the infection notice.
It was finding legitimate programs as infections but I believe they have corrected this and there should be no problem.
The keyboard now that could be another issue all together. How old is the keyboard?
Is it a wired or wireless keyboard?
Is it a PS2 connection? (Round connector) or USB?

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Thank you and modesty is normal for me. I am just happy the resolution was correct. I would venture to say the optical mouse probably is failing and that is why you are having problems. After I'm finished on the PC, I'm going to try the Optical no more time to see if its failing or not.

The keyboard now that could be another issue all together. How old is the keyboard? I don't know. The keyboard, mouse and the PC were given to me. That's why there were so many problems with it, because it was given to me.

Is it a wired or wireless keyboard? Wired

Is it a PS2 connection? (Round connector) or USB? Round connector.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
rshaffer:

Can you look at Post 507. It's about AVG.

Thank U !!!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yes I saw post 507 and I was wondering if you click on the Logon tab does AVG show up there?

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
you know, I usually do, but not this time.

I just checked under the Logon tab, and its not there. But what got me was, REVO uninstaller didn't take it totally off of my system .... strange.

By it being under the Everything tab, what is that saying as far as my Reg is concerned???

Edited by simplee55, 20 December 2009 - 10:43 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
They are just remnants and not running at all. The only time a program runs is when it shows up under logon tab. I don't think personally it is anything to worry about.
If you want to check further go back to the Everything tab and then widen out that last column that shows the path. Take another snapshot and include it in your next reply.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

If you want to check further go back to the Everything tab and then widen out that last column that shows the path. I have AutoRuns opened and theres nothing there where I can widen the column. You've lost me.

Take another snapshot and include it in your next reply.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
On other words in the Everything tab.
You see where it says
Autorun Entry, Description, Publisher, and then Image Path?
In between each of those you see a faint line?
At the end of Image path there is a faint line and if you put the mouse cursor on it then the cursor will change. Click and hold the mouse button and slide the mouse to the right. This will make that column wider allowing you to see the whole path of the file.
Once that is done then take another screenshot or see if you can find the path on yoru own and manually delete the file that way.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

On other words in the Everythingtab.
You see where it says
Autorun Entry, Description, Publisher, and then Image Path?
In between each of those you see a faint line?
At the end of Image path there is a faint line and if you put the mouse cursor on it then the cursor will change. Click and hold the mouse button and slide the mouse to the right. This will make that column wider allowing you to see the whole path of the file.
Once that is done then take another screenshot or see if you can find the path on yoru own and manually delete the file that way. So your saying I can just RIGHT click and delete them that way huh ???

rshaffer:

There are (3) SNAPSHOTS I'm attaching. When you see the pix you'll understand.

SNAPSHOT No. 3 has AOL, and I just hate AOL and don't want it NOWHERE on my system.

Thank U !!!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Try this Simplee55
Go and get the AVG Removal Tool
Download the first one that says 32 bit and run it. See if it will get rid of that pesky program once and for all.
There were only 2 snapshots and the one with AOL is not there. :)

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
rshaffer:

AVG is totally GOOOOOOOOONE ...... THANK U !!!

You know, I know I UPLOAD three SNAPSHOTS, you could not have made me believe that 3 were not there, but after I posted, I saw there were only 2 shots. The reason I didn't try to load No. 3 again is because of what's happened in the past ...... duplicates.

Here is Attachment No. 3 AOL.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
That is not AOL but a driver that windows loads and is needed. If AOL was on the system it would need that driver. It is nothing to worry about as it is not AOL but only a driver.