Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Possible Causes?

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
Hello All,

Haven't been here in a while but I'm experiencing a problem that hopefully some suggestions will help me with.

I recently installed AVG 9.0 Free. Ever since I have been experiencing intermittent system freezes. The computer is still running and the desktop is there but nothing works. It's like everything is frozen. I used to have a screen saver on by default and when I would get home from work I would jiggle my mouse only to find the taskbar corrupted and the system frozen. I disabled the screen saver and this morning it was still locked up. The only way out is to do a hard reboot. It could also be completely unrelated to AVG.

Anybody got any ideas as to what might be causing this? Is a system or hardware failure lurking?

• 34,114 posts
Uninstall AVG and see if the issue goes away.
You can replace it with either
Avira or Avast
Both are free and not so system resource hungry like AVG.