Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to undo PC Recovery

• Please log in to reply

Carlos.N.

Carlos.N.

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Here's the situation. I inadvertently did a system recovery on my HP desktop pc (runs windows XP). It shows all the signs of that's what happened according to research I've done -- the computer is back to factory defaults, my users are removed , my data is gone from My Documents folder, some shortcuts are still there for applications installed after purchase but not all of them work, etc. I did not intend to do a System recovery I was trying to enter in safe mode but hit the wrong button.

So I've pretty much given up on retrieving my data files.

HOWEVER, HERE'S MY NEXT STEP ISSUE: Why does my C: drive say that I am running low on disk space when I can't even see or attempt to delete the lost files. Is there any way to retrieve that storage capacity? If I reload my back-up files, most of the available memory will be taken. What can I do? It seems like that is the amount of memory I should have on my C: drive if I still had all of my lost data files, but I don't have them!

PLEASE advise....

Advertisements