Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Reboot Loop on Netbook

• Please log in to reply

Queenmop

Queenmop

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

Not sure if this post is in the correct place-

I have spent all of today and yesterday searching forums and trying different things to fix my problem, but no one seems to have had the same trouble:

When i shut down my little netbook a few days ago it said it was installing updates... this screen stayed on for about three or four hours and eventually i had to give up and turn it off by holding down the power button.

Then when i turned it back on it went to disk check, then a screen pops up in a flash and i think it says STOP 0x0000073 and various other stuff. Then the computer reboots and asks if i want to launch in safe mode etc.

No matter what i press - either cancel the disk check, go to last known good config etc nothing will get the netbook to boot.

So I then decided to reformat it. The alt + f10 wont work for me (mine is the ZG5 model and apparently doesn't have this function) so I decided to follow advice i had read to use the recovery disk (Acer eRecover Management disk) in another p.c. and save it to a usb flash pen.

So, after realising it wasn't as simple as just copying and pasting the contents of the disk to my usb pen i made my p.c. boot from cd with the hope of seeing an option to create a bootable usb thing.

This option never came up. I had two options: one was to put the computer back to factory settings and the other was exit. I do not want to reformat my p.c. so i dared not select anything other than exit.

So, my next option was to buy an external dvd drive so that i could get my netbook to read the cd itself. So i went into town and found a secondhand drive (CnM).

Now, when i plug it into my netbook and try to turn the netbook on nothing happens - no lights flash or anything. When i turn on the netbook and then plug the dvd drive in the netbook turns off and wont turn back on unless i remove the battery and power pack and then replace.

I have tested the dvd drive in my p.c. and it works fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what to try next???

Advertisements