Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trying to recover address book from crash

• Please log in to reply

tuts777

tuts777

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My HP a1010n crashed with a blue screen. I was able to get it going again using a bootable disk but now it seems alot of files seemt to be misplaced. The one I really need is my outlook express address book. All of my contacts are gone. How do i locate these???

Advertisements

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Hi

Welcome to Geeks To Go :)

When you say you got it going with a bootable disk go you mean you repaired Windows with the repair disk or are you describing something else? .

I think they are still stored in C:/Documents and settings/(your username)/application data/Microsoft/address book.

The application data folder is hidden by default so you will need to go into Control Panel > Folder Options > Click View and then check Show hidden files and folders.

tuts777

tuts777

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi

Welcome to Geeks To Go :)

When you say you got it going with a bootable disk go you mean you repaired Windows with the repair disk or are you describing something else? .

I think they are still stored in C:/Documents and settings/(your username)/application data/Microsoft/address book.

The application data folder is hidden by default so you will need to go into Control Panel > Folder Options > Click View and then check Show hidden files and folders.

Thanks for the help. Followed what you said but no luck. My IT dept. at work actually got it to boot up again so I was assuming that is what they did.