Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unkown Trouble maker

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Voland

Voland

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
I have done as you asked.

what is the next step? I would like to point out that SATA configurations are not done in windows. they are done in my BIOS. The only reason changed it was RAID to IDE was because the was the only way I could boot windows and get to my desktop and begin the recovery effort.

ACHI or whatever its called also works fine with no visible differences between IDE at least not that I can see.

I am venturing a guess that maybe my drivers are messed up or maybe the virus changed a setting in bios. maybe this is as simple as flicking a switch somewhere in BIOS.

Advertisements

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
Just so you know I never ever proclaimed to know the in's and out's of Sata and I never even said anything about sata so this comment I take offensively:

The techs lack of familiarity with SATA drives scares me. Now he is telling me to uninstall stuff. Regarduless I have no maleware acording to that department..

Also this is offensive to me as well:

Malicious code that the maleware tech missed (I noticed a number of things in the logs that would cause a raised eyeberows, despite the tech saying i was clean)

I don't think thst you know how to spot it do you if you did then you would agree with me.

The next step for you is to continue in that thread.
Trust me I deal with alureon on a daily basis I know what to look for and I can tell you that you do not have it.
Please continue in that thread as this one is now closed.
=========================================================