Free help from tech experts
Welcome to Geeks to Go forums. Create a FREE account now to gain access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. Best of all, registration and all assistance is 100% free! This message, and all ads will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account Login to Account

Status.msi - Installer

• Please log in to reply

Xanderos

Xanderos

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Greetings, this is my first time here. This problem stumps me, quite badly.

This is on a Compaq 6715b laptop runnign vista, with 2 gigs of ram.

After startup, and after a while I get a window pop up trying to install, something, anything (This also happens when I go to install anything new, or uninstall them as well)

I get a screen pop up that says Status in the top bar, then it tries to install whatever, and then the error pops up:

Status on top, again

The Feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'status.msi' in the box below:

The box below has the following directory attached to it:

C:\Users\nd-lap04\AppData\Local\Temp\7zS6CE8\setup\Status\

I have already tried running msicuu2.exe and it encountered the same status problem. I did manage to get it to run, afetr closing the other box, and the second it was closed, clicking like crazy on the exe file to run. Eventually it took, and ran, but gave no result.

Thanks in advance for anyone's assistance :)

~Xan

Edited by Xanderos, 01 November 2009 - 07:38 PM.