Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Halo Custom Edition help

• Please log in to reply

Youguys

Youguys

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When I load the game up, it runs normally. The problem is that I can't see the game itself. I can hear sounds which tells me that the game is running but as I said, I can't see the game itself. I've been looking up solutions for the past three days (including here)and could not find one that worked (mostly because those solutions assumed you were running windows Vista whereas, I'm running XP). Now I turn to youguys (pun intended)in my time of need; help me! I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, deleting registry entries, messing with my video card settings (among other things) and none of them worked. The loads in full-screen normally for a few seconds and minimizes (while still running normally)and won't let me switch back to that particular task.

* If these of any relevance:

1. This all started when I began deleting files related to them a couple of days ago on account of said files being duplicates (and I'm positive that they were duplicates).

2. When I check the pictures in the "gallery" folder, I can't see what the pictures are. I can see their outlines and thats it. Does that have anything to do with it?

3. I've tried restore to an earlier point in time with system restore as well as scanning the computer for viruses with Avast! Antivirus. Neither helped.

EDIT: The game works fine on my half-bros. laptop and that one runs windows Vista. Then again, that computer is fairly new whereas the one having problems is old (around 3 years)

Edited by Youguys, 03 November 2009 - 12:27 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Have you tried reinstalling the game?

what are your system specs (video card and cpu)? Have you tried updating your drivers for your video card?