Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Extra HD is Dead

• Please log in to reply

capper

capper

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
A couple of years ago I bought a Buffalo 250GB HD for to be used for backup / storage. When powered on, a red light and a green light are suppose to turn on. The green light is suppose to show that it is active.

For several months I have been unable to get the green light to come on. My PC will not recognize the HD at all. In other words, I can't use it at all.

I bought another 1000GB HD recently to go with an older 160GB HD I had previously. Both of them work fine. So, I was wondering how I could get my 250 activated. Any suggestions?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Is this a external drive?

capper

capper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Yes. A full size one that needs to be plugged in for power and also connected to the USB port.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It may be the enclosure itself is dead.