Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GeekU Application Processing time

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

lavega21

lavega21

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
Hi All,

I submitted an application to GeekU and I have not heard back yet. I did it last Monday. I am very excited and anxious so I find myself checking my messages every minute, so I thought I would ask how long does it usually take? Thank you.

lavega21

Advertisements

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
The applications are reviewed by an actual staff members they are not automated, so it can take some time. You also have to factor in work, family life etc... etc... you will get a PM either way.

good luck.

lavega21

lavega21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
BHowett,

Thank you for your reply. I completely understand, I will wait I know everything is run by volunteers and also there is a lot of need as well from people trying to get their computers clean.

I know it is going to required time and effort if I get accepted, I'll wait the PM. Thanks.

Lavega21

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
I see that you got in to GeekU :)

lavega21

lavega21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
:) Yes Sir...I'm very excited and I am looking forward to the challenge. Thank you

Edited by lavega21, 03 November 2009 - 09:47 PM.

MacAoidh

MacAoidh

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
I also, have applied to GeekU and awaiting reply, but i only applied yesterday :)

Rather anxious myself. I hope i get in like yourself cos i too are looking forward to the challenge :)

Mac :)

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Ah fresh blood in my time zone - Hope you get it :)

ektor

ektor

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
i too aplied. Am Waiting 4 results.

MacAoidh

MacAoidh

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Ah fresh blood in my time zone - Hope you get it :)

I'm now in essexboy :)

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
See you in a few months Mac when you get to my area - enjoy

Advertisements

KRG Lightning 15

KRG Lightning 15

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Just applyed to GTGU a few days ago im so exsited, i have alot of reading to do this week..... :)

MacAoidh

MacAoidh

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

See you in a few months Mac when you get to my area - enjoy

Look forward to it buddy BUT what you have to remember is that i have a new born, Beautiful daughter, and she takes up alot of my time BUT when i've got time, hopefully most days IF i get some quiet time, HA HA, then i'll be there studying and learning the trade 100% m8 :)

Edited by MacAoidh, 04 December 2009 - 04:14 PM.

Tee*Cee

Tee*Cee

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Well, I hope you don't mind my chiming in here, I just applied today, and am anxious to hear results also.... :) Sounds like a CONGRATS is in order for "KRG Lightning 15" That is wonderful news! :) I am happy for you! Hopefully, I'll hear in due time also... :)

I am learning this site, as I haven't been here long, so please bear with me until I get the layout, OK? Glad to hear you made it, "KRG Lightning 15" Whoo-Hoo!

Ltangelic

Ltangelic

Angel Annihilator of Malware

• Retired Staff
  • 2,008 posts
Congrats to all those who got in, do stay through the training, it's totally worth it! (Though it can get challenging at times) :)

And good luck to you Tee*Cee. :)

Tee*Cee

Tee*Cee

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Congrats to all that made it, :) And best wishes to those who are still waiting ! :)

Thanks, Ltangelic, I am looking forward to it myself. The waiting isn't bad yet. :) Thanks for the encouragement! :)