Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GeekU Application Processing time

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

do stay through the training, it's totally worth it! (Though it can get challenging at times) :)

I have to echo this sentiment. GeekU can be VERY challenging at times. It will make you want to tear out your hair, throw your computer out a window, and run screaming down the street.

However, it is more rewarding once you finish than I can begin to explain. The satisfaction you will feel when someone is so thankful to you... someone who was desperate and afraid... someone who depended on YOU in order to fix them up... yeah. It's just an amazing feeling. :)

Advertisements

Tee*Cee

Tee*Cee

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Thank you for the insight, Kat. Great to hear from someone who has already been there, done that, and knows what we are about to undertake. I don't believe there are any shortcuts to learning, myself . ; :) One must be willing to learn, and put forth the effort.. One only gets what one puts into it. :)

Ltangelic

Ltangelic

Angel Annihilator of Malware

• Retired Staff
  • 2,008 posts
That's a great thing to hear Tee*Cee! :) When you do get into GeekU, do ask any questions that you may have as our teachers are all awesomely patient and kind-hearted souls. But of course, do your part and get the research/reading done as much as possible, and if you still need help, approach the teachers. :)

Don't fret over making mistakes, cause it's all part of the learning process. Just give your best shot, I'm sure the teachers can see the effort you put in. :) In sum, your attitude is still the most important thing in learning (not just in GeekU), and from what you said (typed), you are off to a good start! :)

snowchick7669

snowchick7669

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

It will make you want to tear out your hair, throw your computer out a window, and run screaming down the street.

:)

Maybe you should add that to the welcome to GeekU message you send out Kat :)

Enjoy it Tee*Cee, its great fun! and some serious learning

Tee*Cee

Tee*Cee

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Hi Ltangelic ! The more I see, the more excited I am getting, and haven't gotten accepted yet, and still in the waiting mode..... :) I have no problem asking a question if I need too. I think that is all a part of learning... Great to meet you tho! :)

@ snowchick7669, I don't think that is a good idea! LOL! Don't want to scare them, you know! :)
Great to meet you also! Fun and learning at the same time, that is great to hear :)

Edited by Tee*Cee, 09 December 2009 - 09:38 PM.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
:) I'm not trying to scare anyone - just be honest. It isn't something you breeze through. You will have to work - and work hard. But it's so worth it. Heck, just being able to say "OMG I DID IT" at the end is an accomplishment. Not everyone makes it through, you know.

Ltangelic

Ltangelic

• Retired Staff
  • 2,008 posts
Nice to meet you too Tee*Cee! :)

Rofl, about the pull hair thing, I think Kat is right. Though I didn't pull my hair out during MY training, my hair did drop at a faster rate! Whether you pull your hair or you don't, GeekU does make you lose your hair quite a bit. :)

Tee*Cee

Tee*Cee

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Greetings, folks, Yes, Kat, I understand that not everyone makes it thru, and IF I am accepted, I'll give it my best shot, and if not, it must have been meant to be... I have time, tho, so I hope I get an answer one way or another... I am sure there are a lot of applicants to go thru, for sure... and, everybody wants an answer :)

Hi Ltangelic , as far as the hair goes??? I have enough, if I lose some, no biggie.. :) :)

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
There are a lot of applications, yes. We put a lot of time and effort into researching applicants, by checking posts here and such. It's not something we take lightly, thus the reason for the delay in accepting people. :)

Ltangelic

Ltangelic

• Retired Staff
  • 2,008 posts

Hi Ltangelic , as far as the hair goes??? I have enough, if I lose some, no biggie.. :) :)

:) Yah, though too much hair is a hassle, it's a good thing to have when it comes to GeekU!

Ok enough of the rambling for me, got to get back to work! Have fun all! :)

Edited by Ltangelic, 09 December 2009 - 10:00 PM.

Advertisements

Tee*Cee

Tee*Cee

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
[quote][There are a lot of applications, yes. We put a lot of time and effort into researching applicants, by checking posts here and such. It's not something we take lightly, thus the reason for the delay in accepting people.[quote]

Hi Kat, I wouldn't expect it any other way. Quality , not Quantity, is very important... I do understand. :)

Edited by Tee*Cee, 09 December 2009 - 10:12 PM.

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts

Not everyone makes it through, you know.

True... I had to bribe three teachers, and take admin duck hunting. :)

Tee*Cee

Tee*Cee

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

BHowett
True... I had to bribe three teachers, and take admin duck hunting

Holy, Geez, I don't duck hunt!!! :)

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

Not everyone makes it through, you know.

True... I had to bribe three teachers, and take admin duck hunting. :)

All it took was lots of chocolate to Metallica and myself. :)

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
I think this thread has run it's course. We get a lot of applications, so anyone waiting for a response, please be patient, we will get with you.