Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

.GAD file extension

• Please log in to reply

hourfollowshour

hourfollowshour

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hello all,

Could use some help converting a .gad file (very old word processing application) taken from a floppy disk and converted onto a jump drive into a readable format. There is an image included.

Thank you to everyone in advance. Courtney

(Could not upload file but might be able to send it to you if that would help)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
According to Google and all the file extension sites, there's no such extension as a GAD file. The only things that come back is a reference to "Golden Arrow", references to dart games, the navy and other similar type references.

The only other reference to GAD files comes from third party add-ins to a data analysis program called Gemstat. GAD files are the add-in files for this program.

hourfollowshour

hourfollowshour

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Thanks, Neil. Would you possibly be able to look at the file if I sent it to you via Geekstogo? That is the extension name of the file but I could be wrong.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Could it possibly be jad?

hourfollowshour

hourfollowshour

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Dear rshaffer,

The file name is .gad, unless they mispelled it on the initial file. It was taken from a VERY old macintosh, put on a floppy drive, copied onto a flash drive, and now I have the file as is. I would really like to upload it but the forum won't allow the format to be uploaded.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Only reference i find on macintosh gad files is in reference to a font style.