Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Microsoft Office 2007

• Please log in to reply

stern

stern

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Hi Guys

I have a legal copy of Microsoft Office 2007 and wonder if someone can advise me. It might seem a stupid question but no harm in asking.

I am in the process of installing WIN 7 and wonder if it is possible for me to backup my current data to an external HDD and restore when the installation of Win 7 is complete.
I know I could easily install the program once again but what happens to the data I have saved already e.g. excel files / word files etc etc.

Perhaps someone out there can offer some advice how to go about performing an operation of saving these files to disc with the intention of reinstalling.

Tks

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
Documents and Data files (pictures, movies, songs, etc...) are completely separate from the applications that you use to read these files...

you SHOULD backup all of the data that you want to keep (documents, pictures, movies, songs, etc...) before upgrading to make sure that they're safe (you should back these things up regularly anyway)..

you can burn them to CD/DVD, transfer them to USB memory keys (flash drives), or another hard drive (if you've got 2 installed in the computer already, or if you've got an external hard drive)

stern

stern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
HI Dsenette

Tks yr quick response. Noted