Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Black Screen / Audio Only When Trying to Watch Videos

• Please log in to reply

capper

capper

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
I have been trying to play a video on my PC and the audio works fine but I can only see a black screen. I downloaded codec but still no picture. This has happened before but it's been a long long time. Any suggestions? (Slingbox and internet videos are fine -- only DVDs or copies of DVDs cause the black screen).

Advertisements

mrpooh3

mrpooh3

• PipPipPip
  • 281 posts
Hi,I find this is normally always to do with codecs(I could be wrong though)...You may have a damaged codec.I would recommend checking out your installed codecs and find out if any are broken and can be fixed...I'm sure there are a few freeware tools out there that will look for and fix broken/damaged codecs.