Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

No video

• Please log in to reply

Fortinc

Fortinc

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I began getting pixelation of my video and lines through my icons. i assumed my video card was failing, ati x 1600 series, 512 mb. I was trying to update all of my drivers and my desktop disappeared. I replaced the old card with a new ati 4650 1g card. The problem remains. Comp boots, i get all dos and loading screens, but no video for desktop? Any ideas?

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Same in Safe Mode?
Did you try different slot?

Fortinc

Fortinc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I can't enter safe mode. it gives the same problem. and yes i have tried a different slot.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Remove the card altogether.
Enter BIOS and enable on-board video.
See, if same thing happens.

BTW...did you try different monitor?

Fortinc

Fortinc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I've resolved myself to an OS problem and am trying to repair windows, tried all the basics first , card in all slots , new comp/ monitor combos. hardware is not an issue....unless... it's a motherboard issue. Let's hope after i reformat and reinstall, that all is well. i'm pretty confident. Dumb me i realized the CD i was using wasn't a boot copy, put in a boot disk i made years ago and pow.... xp repair :). Wish me luck lol.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Good luck and keep us posted :)

Fortinc

Fortinc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I am writing this from my main comp :) , the reinstall worked and my video looks great with the new card lol. Now i can enjoy the process of reinstalling all my drivers and software again, yuck. It's already mostly done and wow the comp hasn't run this fast in a while lol. Thx for all the help :)

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Very good :)
Good luck :)