Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win32/Heur + Win32/Tanatos.M

• Please log in to reply

Chim3ra

Chim3ra

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Good evening,
I am really hoping that my system won't crash while writing this message.
Here is the problem.I'll start with the beginning.I had Spyware Terminator with Clam Av installed, and today it started popping up messages with Backdoor.Backdoor.Gen executable in my Documents and settings.../../...Temp folder.I didn't manage to get the out of the system and they started reproducing themselves.I kinda panicked.Uninstalled the software since i saw that nothing positive was happening and i installed AVG 8.5.Needless to say the dark truth appeared.First Task Manager got grayed out...nothing helped...then i saw that Regedit is messed up too..after the messages from avg started to just pop up telling me either that a Win32/Heur infection was found or Win32/Tanatos.M.So i started a system scan and after 2 hours almost of scanning my C i have over 260 of these mixed viruses.Avg can heal Tanatos but can only move the other one into the virus vault.From what i saw every single .exe file was infected, starting from windows files to program files...the scan didn't get the chance to finish cause i got a wonderful bluescreen with PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and had to restart.After all the reading I've done of forums i downloaded Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware.Unfortunately i couldn't run it in safe mode because the virus already got there and i get a bluescreen the moment i try to access it.So i decided to install and run it as it is.It quarantined 6 things,some of them being the essential key to unblock my task manager and regedit.So those work properly now.I also downloaded the kaspersky tool i read about and it's still performing the Deep Rootkit Search..after 1 hour it's at 5%.

I'm begging you to help me find a solution to clear my pc without formatting or reinstalling...The virus spread on all of my drives not only C: where my windows is installed.Every single game and application i have on other partitions are doomed too.

Please tell me what to do,i depend on my pc since i work online and if i don't get this solved I'm in trouble....

Thank you for your help,
My best regards,
Kim

Advertisements