Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Loading windows explorer

• Please log in to reply

Oneworld

Oneworld

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi all,
First post and just a quick question.

I recently ran CCleaner and must have deleted some important windows files by mistake (recycle bin is empty). I did a back up a week before so all my important data is fine.
The problem is, when l load windows explorer, it takes about 2 minutes for the drives to show up on the left hand side. This also happens if l do; Start>My Computer, l get the torch searching for about 2 minutes.
I have done a system restore, but doesn't seem to fix this problem.

Dwnloaded a Windows Tune program and it did an analysis and said that prefetch files were missing. I asked a friend of mine and l was able to determine that i did have the right prefetch config.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Don't mind doing a complete install as all important data is backed up.

Advertisements