Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojans: Zbot, Stolen Data, Hijack Sound etc.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Lilz

Lilz

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
SORRY WRONG FORUM - HAVE RE-POSTED IN CORRECT PLACE - APOLOGIES

Hi - I am running Windows XP - my child downloaded some music "accidentally" a few days ago and we got attacked by Trojans, namely Hijack.Userinit, Hijack.sound, Trojan Banker, Backdoor.Bot, TrojanVundo, etc. I ran Malwarebytes and AVG - AVG said all was fine, MalwareBytes found and cleaned and said it would delete on reboot. Ran again and a few were still there. Ran again and they had gone. Ran Adaware and that found some too. The last couple of days I have run it quite a lot and it says it is clean. IE is running very, very, very slow and a Windows defender popped up this morning to say that Infection was found. I healed it and ran MalwareBytes and it said it was clean. I am not however sure it is!

I read you other helpful page on removal and have run TLC and Root Repeal.

I look forward to hearing from you - thanks very much :)

Edited by Lilz, 04 November 2009 - 11:01 AM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Topic posted correctly this topic is closed.