Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HTML Frames

• Please log in to reply

Solhan

Solhan

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm a newbie HTML website designer and am currently making a website for my dorm. What I want to do is incorperate frames into my webpage design. Now I know there are browsers out there that do not support frames, and besides asking the user to click on this link or that link (as I've seen on other sites) if (s)he has the ability to support frames or not, is there any way I could do that check automatically? Thx in advance for any and all help.

Advertisements

Spike3

Spike3

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Try here.

http://webtips.dan.info/frames.html

It has a section on what to do with people who do not support frames

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

Try here.

http://webtips.dan.info/frames.html

It has a section on what to do with people who do not support frames

View Post

Good site, Spike. I personally don't like to use frames, but never hurts to keep up with other people's comments. Thanks for great link. Have added it to all my others. :tazz:

Ron

Spike3

Spike3

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Why thank you!! Glad to be of assistance!

Spike

Search Engines they no like frames!

ShogunWarrior

ShogunWarrior

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Please, don't use frames. Use PHP include or CSS to simulate frames. PHP and CSS is the way forward and soon frames will become obselete. Just thought I'd give some advice - stay up to date and you'll impress.

-SW