Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Blue Screen 0x0A on startup

• Please log in to reply

MonkeySquid

MonkeySquid

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi folks, I really hope someone can help me with this as it's been driving me crazy for the past few days.

I've had this sytem for 2 years now with no problems until last Sunday. I was surfing the internet (looking at the results of the Grand Prix) when my machine suddenly went to the dreaded BSOD with the 0x00000000A code.

I tried to reboot and recieved the same BSOD. This happens every time even while trying to boot in Safe Mode or Last Known Good Configuration.

After doing a little research on my laptop I guessed it was most likely either a memory issue or a corrupted driver.

The first thing I tried was running Memtest - this reported no errors.

My second thought was to try a repair install of XP - this time I had a BSOD with the 0x0000007B code... I thought this might be due to not having the SATA driver disk to hand but according to Hitachi's website they are not needed and should be fine as long as the motherboard drivers are fine. The problem with that is I cannot update the motherboard drivers if the system won't boot!

So today I got hold of the drive test utility to check my HDD is actually working properly. During the boot-up of the utility it briefly flashed up a message about missing driver(?) files but loaded the utility anyway. A quick test revealed no errors, so I'm running an advanced test at the moment, so far no errors reported.

If anyone can help me figure out how to get this working again I would be eternally grateful as at the moment I'm reduced to stress-induced cursing.

After the HDD test is done my current plan is to try removing various components like the graphics card just to see if there is a problem there, though I don't really think that's the problem.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Basic System Info:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 (2.13ghz)
OCZ 2GB Kit (2x1GB) DDR2 667MHz/PC2-5400
BFG 8800GTS OC 320MB DDR3
Hitatchi Deskstar T7k500 HDT725032VLA360 320GB SATAII
edit: added system info to post

Update: The advanced HDD scan has completed with 0 errors reported...

Edited by MonkeySquid, 04 November 2009 - 02:46 PM.

Advertisements