Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Strange Problem that Im curious to know why this happened

• Please log in to reply

mrtypr

mrtypr

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
I was using the internet on my Desktop computer and also fixing my friends laptop at the same time. I had the laptop connected via network cable to my router which is also connected to the PC for internet

Now all i was doing was a spyware scan on my friends laptop. No downloading or anything was involved, this scan was being performed while the laptop was still connected to my router

Now while this was happening, my PC's internet was so slow it was unusable. No idea why

I paused the scan and then it was fine. Disconnected the network cable, resumed the scan...

I wouldnt think a spyware scan would effect the use of my net in anyway what so ever?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Depends on the program, some can upload details of file scan for online analysis on the fly and depending on the speed of the internet in the first place it can slow the connection down.

mrtypr

mrtypr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
fair enough thanks