Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

trustability

• Please log in to reply

mike4

mike4

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
i was just wondering. In the virus section a lot of time people tell the people to save this, install this. Couldn't virus's easily be spread on this website? Like if this website got huge wouldn't a lot of people infected? Im glad this is a relatively "undiscovered" website.

Advertisements

GT500

GT500

• Visiting Consultant
  • 42 posts
Most of the utilities that helpers recommend are safe, and users who are being told to download things should only be told to do so by authorized helpers who know how to analyze logs and help users clean their computers up if something goes wrong.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
You will find few malware removal helpers as thoroughly trained and supervised as the ones here. If some knothead tried to slip a bad link into a post, it would be immediately deleted and the admin staff would handle the situation. I have to disagree with that "undiscovered" remark, too. The staff here have helped thousands and thousands of people, for free, and people know this is a site they can rely on.
Johanna

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

Im glad this is a relatively "undiscovered" website.

Our members have made a total of 1,656,913 posts
We have 297,113 registered members

close to 2 million posts and almost 300,000 members....seems a bit more than undiscovered to me

also...90% of the tools used on this forum for malware removal were written by people who are members of our staff...or people who are at other sites that we are affiliated with....everything is checked before it's ever suggested

mike4

mike4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
wait is this website as big as Edit:Removed Site Reference ? Because i've gotten a few virus's from there and thats probably because a ton of users use it.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you've gotten viruses from the place you mentioned because it's a site dedicated to piracy....which means anything you get there is probably loaded with malware

snowchick7669

snowchick7669

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
We just got compared to a site used for piracy? :)

GT500

GT500

• Visiting Consultant
  • 42 posts
It sounds like someone needs to sail their pirate ship back to it's bay, and keep it moored. :)

mike4

mike4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
sorry for being stupid. Still this website is the best ive found. So much help and so quick response. Do you guys paid to help? God i wish i knew how to help with the virus's.

GT500

GT500

• Visiting Consultant
  • 42 posts

sorry for being stupid. Still this website is the best ive found. So much help and so quick response. Do you guys paid to help? God i wish i knew how to help with the virus's.

http://www.uniteagainstmalware.com/schools.php

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
mikewang,

We're all volunteers here - none of us are paid to do this.

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts

mikewang,

We're all volunteers here - none of us are paid to do this.

Admin pays me $0.00 per hour X 35 hrs per week, + about 16 hrs on weekends, for a total of about 51 hrs in a 7 day period.

So at the end of the week, I usually walk away with about nothing but satisfied users, and that's good enough for me :)

mike4

mike4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
THATS AWESOME THAT YOU GUYS WILL DO IT FOR NO PAY!!!
But i think you should get some money if you commit to this website that much.

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
Sure, money is great. But to be honest, getting a "thank you" and making someone's day is sometimes just as good :)

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
We are a decent size group of volunteers; together we have helped thousands, and thousands of users. Look at all the money we saved people, I’m surprised the government hasn’t tried to shut us down :)

I wonder if we can put computer shops out of business…. Where’s Troy at. :)